This Board is Ridiculous

Shogungts

Junior
Premium
Almost everyone outside of Miami fans were calling for Florida to win and not giving Miami a chance. The things that any rational fan expected to happen did:

- Delay of game penalties due to a bunch of inexperienced players on offense and a new offensive coordinator
- Crappy oline play with a team that was starter TWO freshman tackles that lead to sacks, lack of running play and penalties
- An inexperience QB that compounded the above issues

And despite those things, we still almost won the game with a first time head coach against a team that was ranked ~20 spots ahead of us (even if they were overrated). Yes, there were plenty of mistakes that you can pick at and I am disappointed that we didn't win, but I am not sure how any rational fan can be trashing anyone on the Miami side right now.

Advertisement
people are ****ed cause we SHOULD have won. we beat ourselves. hence the self hatred right now

people are ****ed cause we SHOULD have won. we beat ourselves. hence the self hatred right now

Oh I get it, but I guess I look at it that outside of the offensive line (and that is a huge issue) the other items are expected to happen with the changes we had and should improve over time. Look at some of the best head coaches out there and how they performed their first years; in most cases it wasn't pretty. Our schedule sets up very well for us to still win the Coastal, win 9-11 games and then probably get trounced by Clemson, but we should see progression as the year goes on.

That sets us up well with recruiting and next year we end up with a more experienced team. Anyone that thought this year was anything more than winning the Coastal is just setting themselves up for disappointment.

Many of us still have PTSD after enduring Shannon, Golden, and the end of the Richt era.

Advertisement
For me, it’s not about tonight (although tonight hurt a lot, we beat ourselves), it’s about how we respond going forward. The game against UNC will tell me a lot more about our coaches, players and their mindset than this game will. How we respond to adversity, that’s what counts!

Go Canes

Almost everyone outside of Miami fans were calling for Florida to win and not giving Miami a chance. The things that any rational fan expected to happen did:

- Delay of game penalties due to a bunch of inexperienced players on offense and a new offensive coordinator
- Crappy oline play with a team that was starter TWO freshman tackles that lead to sacks, lack of running play and penalties
- An inexperience QB that compounded the above issues

And despite those things, we still almost won the game with a first time head coach against a team that was ranked ~20 spots ahead of us (even if they were overrated). Yes, there were plenty of mistakes that you can pick at and I am disappointed that we didn't win, but I am not sure how any rational fan can be trashing anyone on the Miami side right now.

Diaz did not improve the areas that cost us in 2018. I said that in off-season and it was borne out today. Enos is a pro style OC. He runs more playaction than Richt. That's the difference I noticed. Special teams performance and coach exactly the same. Miami had an opportunity to revamp the entire offense and go with a college style spread O with lots of good OC options, but stuck with pro style even though Miami doesn't have OL for it (nor will it in the future)

Advertisement
Back