This Al guy was weird

GhostRecon_Cane

When the U is on, there is nothing else like it.
I just never understood him and how he thought he could win here.

1. His obsession with size over speed
2. His obsession with less talented players that were coal shovelers
3. His obsession with a passive 3-4 (hope they make a mistake) defense that never won a championship on any level
4. His motto "deserve victory" and his buzz words

He was like totally Anti-Miami ...his program had the stench of a big ten program. Smash... Donna really didn't have a clue about Miami football.

Advertisement
We really need to rehash this now? Anyone who mentions his name should be banished for a week!

We really need to rehash this now? Anyone who mentions his name should be banished for a week!

Not trying to rehash .....I guess I'm just so happy we have a real football coach now ...that I look back and realize how far off we were and didn't even know it.

Not trying to rehash .....I guess I'm just so happy we have a real football coach now ...that I look back and realize how far off we were and didn't even know it.

You brought up things that have been beaten to death for 4 years, unneeded.

Advertisement
Honestly I could careless what he tried running and how it was not what we did in the past. If you are a great coach and run 3-4 you win here. He is just not a great coach. The schemes didn't work because HE was not good enough. The top 10 coaches run different schemes and they all work. Some have the biggest players, some have the most speed, the best have both.

not trying to rehash? your post was literally a rehash of **** we've been saying here for years.

Move on. Maybe we can mention that name again if he gets a job and starts coaching some games. We'll be able to test out a lot of our theories on him.

Advertisement
There are far, far too many posts talking about a coach in the rear-view mirror...

"Weird" isn't the word I'd use; incompetent is far more fitting....

I just never understood him and how he thought he could win here.

1. His obsession with size over speed
2. His obsession with less talented players that were coal shovelers
3. His obsession with a passive 3-4 (hope they make a mistake) defense that never won a championship on any level
4. His motto "deserve victory" and his buzz words

He was like totally Anti-Miami ...his program had the stench of a big ten program. Smash... Donna really didn't have a clue about Miami football.

Advertisement
Whatever it was that they were trying to communicate was not getting through. I have no idea why, but the players played slow and confused, and that is on the coaches. I could see if one or two kids had issues, but the whole defense was/is making mistakes. The 2-gap scheme also killed DL recruiting while they were here. The defense was crippled by the lack of talent on the DL, especially at DT. I can't remember the last elite DT prospect that committed to Miami.

Advertisement
I miss Golden. It's like my wife donated my favorite old beer-stained shirt to Goodwill without my blessing.

There is a big void in my life now.

I don't even feel like posting false info anymore.

Advertisement
Back