This “Miami has no money” narrative needs to die a quick death

Advertisement
Baby steps. Hope they realize if they continue to invest in the program, the program will yield rich, rich rewards. Keep upgrading. We will never be a Bama, but if we continue to invest in the football team, the athletic dept, we’ll make that money back hand over fist.

They saw what happened last year. There is usually an uptick in admissions and donations when your team is good. They want that revenue. We are also about get that ACCN money. Makes it a bit easier to invest when you know you have cash flowing in no matter what. Refreshing to see

Advertisement
Even throwing out random, narrow and conservative numbers, it's always seemed like we were investing in the wrong places or not at all:

$500,000 - $750,000 more (in investment to a coordinator).
Get actual results that lead to, say, 10,000 more tickets sold based on winning results in a bandwagoning, event-driven city.
Average ticket, conservatively, $25.
Doesn't include other sources of potentially lost revenue when we're losing.
6 home games.
Better coaches kinda pay for themselves and then some.

Anyone who experienced ND '17 vs Duke '18 can see and feel the violent swings in fan loyalty in Miami.
Where we struggle is with the background booster money and support staff budget. Hopefully, some of us get really rich and change that dynamic.

Even throwing out random, narrow and conservative numbers, it's always seemed like we were investing in the wrong places or not at all:

$500,000 - $750,000 more (in investment to a coordinator).
Get actual results that lead to, say, 10,000 more tickets sold based on winning results in a bandwagoning, event-driven city.
Average ticket, conservatively, $25.
Doesn't include other sources of potentially lost revenue when we're losing.
6 home games.
Better coaches kinda pay for themselves and then some.

Anyone who experienced ND '17 vs Duke '18 can see and feel the violent swings in fan loyalty in Miami.
Where we struggle is with the background booster money and support staff budget. Hopefully, some of us get really rich and change that dynamic.

I remember some local reporter said the school told them applications to the school went up compared to years past after the campus being broadcasted on gameday. More winning means more money for everybody

Advertisement
we got mad bread they made people think we had nothing, i have always said UM can outbid the best of them if they wanted too. Its fuqin Miami for gods sake

we got mad bread they made people think we had nothing, i have always said UM can outbid the best of them if they wanted too. Its fuqin Miami for gods sake

In some way, yes it is Miami. Problem is most of the rich people here don’t care about college football. However, if you’ve ever been to a city like Birmingham, Alabama you’ll see Southern money. Tons of huge houses and they love college football

Advertisement
We could have so much more $ if we invested it appropriately in the first place.

I can’t tell how much money my step-grandfather has wasted trying to be cheap w his apartment units instead of fixing things appropriately

Advertisement
dc535a5e0f9d4fd22989ed55cec4417c.jpg

With the ACC contract next year, that extra money will ease the coaching salaries. Our BOTs are smart, just fork it out for one year and watch the money come in from the conference and success on the field! Chess move!

There's more money in South Florida than most places in America. Problem last few years is the reluctance by our administration to spend. It's FUGGIN' AWESOME to see that we're willing to pay the cost to be the boss.

Advertisement
Back