Third Down Conversion Rate

CyberCane

Junior
3-23 so far this year, 13%.
19-84 over our last seven games, 22.6%.

Someone explain why it's gonna be different this week.

Advertisement
Al-Bundy-Noose.gif

that stat is almost unbelievable. I mean truly unbelievable. You'd think you could put me at quaterback/ receiver and convert at that rate. YOU ALMOST HAVE TO TRY TO BE THAT BAD

its not, when we run crossing routes into a stacked box we aint going to convert ****

end of the game last week was the perfect example. ball inside the 10, dbs playing off, and we run a double slant with two on the right. combo route of a slant on the outside with berrios in the slot running into the flat is a guaranteed touchdown. coley is ****** up.

Advertisement
Offense 3rd down rates under Coley calling plays

2014 - 127th dead last
2013 - 96th
2007 - 119th dead last FIU

This week we can afford to open up the playbook a little more now that Brad has a couple games under his belt.

That should improve our success on the money downs.

Sorry to play the race card, but you have to agree. Only a White Dude would be given a vote of confidence and keep his job with stats like these!

Advertisement
Sorry to play the race card, but you have to agree. Only a White Dude would be given a vote of confidence and keep his job with stats like these!

seeing as how you were happy to use it, i doubt that you're sorry to play the race card. what a **** post.

This week we can afford to open up the playbook a little more now that Brad has a couple games under his belt.

Those numbers are comical.

If we somehow manage a 50% conversion rate in a game

giphy.gif

Advertisement
That stat is really the key to the whole season. Golden really needs to figure out how to improve to at least 40%.
If he needs to involve himself more in play calling then he needs to do it. Do what you need to do Al.

Advertisement
Last year we were terrible as well. It has nothing to do with Kaaya.

I am starting to believe Coley was brought in for a couple years JUST to recruit. Golden, or anyone else with a brain, knows the guy is not the answer at OC. He is the answer to SOME better recruiting. At the end of the day, actually scoring, moving the ball, and winning will bring in more recruits than Coley. Now that we have some talent, it's time to hire a real OC.

what opened play book?? this is all we got?!

You're wrong. You'll see some exotics this weekend along with some different packages for certain players. The first game, it was a true freshman's first start in a hostile road game. The second game was naturally vanilla, so they don't tip their hat. I'm looking forward to it.

Advertisement
Back