WR: Pope and Thomas to be our Jeudy/D. Smith
TE: fewer 12 and 22 looks
OL: Scaife to play LT
DL: Silvera and Harvey to steal reps from Nnoruka and Patchan
LB: a turnover forced somehow
DB: Finley moves to LB in nickel with Bolden at striker
ST: a new kicker

Advertisement
I'd be disappointed if Bolden doesn't get some significant time. If Lingard is a no show, if Nesta does not get significant time. If the OL doesn't show improvement or some changes. The coaches have talked up these items and have created expectations, I hope they do not disappoint us fans (both the coaches and the players).

I also expect our team to be concerned that this is an ACC conference game and if we lose our season is effectively a failure and we cannot take ANY opponent lightly.

I expect a significant attendance as this game could mean our season and when the Hard is Rocking, we are unbeatable. So who's going?

What I want is a lot of substituting at RB and DL and maybe some roll outs by JW away from pressure. We should be able to run on VT.

Anyone else have legitimate expectations?
Expect bolden to get a lot at st, decent burn on d. Nesta, idk how much burn he gets coming off an injury. Expect limited play from lingard

I'd be disappointed if Bolden doesn't get some significant time. If Lingard is a no show, if Nesta does not get significant time. If the OL doesn't show improvement or some changes. The coaches have talked up these items and have created expectations, I hope they do not disappoint us fans (both the coaches and the players).

I also expect our team to be concerned that this is an ACC conference game and if we lose our season is effectively a failure and we cannot take ANY opponent lightly.

I expect a significant attendance as this game could mean our season and when the Hard is Rocking, we are unbeatable. So who's going?

What I want is a lot of substituting at RB and DL and maybe some roll outs by JW away from pressure. We should be able to run on VT.

Others touched on why you're not going to get as much Bolden, Silvera and Lingard as you want—but more than that, wishful thinking on the attendance front. Should have a decent crowd, but anyone who's watched Miami enough over the years knows that a 2-2 team with a 3:30pm ET kickoff against a 2-2 Virginia Tech squad isn't going to garner much attention in late September.

Get a win and it should boost attendance for next Friday night against Virginia—but not this Saturday.

I expect DeeJay to have a monster month of October.
I expect the TEs to get more comfortable within Enos' system.
I expect the Defense to force some Turnovers.
I expect three straight victories but then after that some more growing pains and ups and downs.

Advertisement

Exactly. The coaches need to shut up with all their spinning. Produce on Saturdays. I've already soured on all the expectations Manny created before the season. He gave no specifics, but talked about how much the potential the team has and getting to championship caliber. We are so far removed from championship performances it should not even be whispered from anyone's mouth.

The coaches and team need to put together a body of work of accomplishments to their resume before speaking of any expectations. Win some Coastal titles before actually creating an expectation to do so. We have won the Coastal once in our ACC existence. Clemson has won the ACC the last 3 years and made it to the CFP Championship game in each those years. They have created an expectation based on their body of work.

I expect you will be complaining about negative threads come Monday.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back