They did us a favor...

NateDogg

The Swift Chancellor
we all know its complete BS that miami isnt at a minimum ranked #2 . there is not a single rational argument that can be made otherwise. we can all take solace in knowing it still doesnt matter at this point, but the blatant disrespect for miami is what infuriates me.

after thinking about it though, i realized they did all of us a favor. this team has thrived while playing with a chip on their shoulder. call it the 'us vs them/us vs the world' or whatever you like, this team has demonstrated strong leadership and an ability to find meaning in preparing for each opponent. has it been frustrating to see us play down to our competition at times this year? yes, but i also look at some of the best teams UM has ever put on the field and let's be honest...those teams had a penchant for playing down to their competition level at times. the fact of the matter is: those teams WON, and so has this team. the committee wants to give clemson a pass for losing to a 4-5 team, yet penalize us for 'only' beating certain teams and not winning convincingly.

i fully expect this team to come out and absolutely destroy virginia and then pittsburgh. i also fully expect that miami will continue to be disrespected in the playoff rankings prior to the acc title game. after giving it a night to settle, i realized they did us a favor. this team...these players? these dudes get it. they just do. all this disrespect is just fuel to the fire.

thanks kirby! POS

[]_[]

Advertisement
The only ranking that ACTUALLY matters, is the one after the conference championship games. These ones don't, other than maybe in recruits eyes.

If we win, we'll stay in it, or move up. If we lose any, we'll drop out. That simple.

I am not so sure a #3 ranking in the CFB is the same as being home underdogs to VT and ND when EVERYONE is picking against us.

In other words, there's only so much "us against the world" stuff you can create from a #3 ranking (knowing that it could be #1 or #2 in a few weeks)

Once you are in the top 4 it really does not mean much what position you are in. We control our destiny while teams on the outside have to depend on teams ahead of them losing games.

Advertisement
I am not so sure a #3 ranking in the CFB is the same as being home underdogs to VT and ND when EVERYONE is picking against us.

In other words, there's only so much "us against the world" stuff you can create from a #3 ranking (knowing that it could be #1 or #2 in a few weeks)

They'll be favored and everyone will be picking them. That's all ya need.

Once you are in the top 4 it really does not mean much what position you are in. We control our destiny while teams on the outside have to depend on teams ahead of them losing games.
Why should we have to run the table while inferior teams get the benefit of a mulligan?

They put the lid on Clemson's coffin and drove the nails halfway in. Disrespect is all we needed to stay focused and get angry. Plus, got to **** Mark off some too -- making sure Mark Nice doesn't creep in and mess up.

AU, i think we need to constantly be adjusting the level of disrespect. Early on, it was easy, now, it’s becoming more difficult. We just have to look harder and adjust our level of expectations and disrespect. I guess when we’re number 1 in the polls, we won’t have anything.

Advertisement
The only ranking that counts is the last one— the one with the ring on your finger

We should be ****ed. We are disrespected. They did do us a favor of telling us now that we’re out with a loss (apparently the only P5 who fits that bill). We should look to shove that favor right up their ***.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back