Rumor They Are Making Noise About A "Ruiz Rule"

You are absolutely wrong. Many, many, many people buy Tesla's because of Elon Musk and his personality. He has a cult following, and it's that cult following that is really the only reason his company is valued as highly as it is, which gave him the ability to virtually print money to finance the growth of his business. Sorry buddy, but you are out of your depth here...way out of your depth!

His opinion is no more or less than yours...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Then show your facts to him otherwise just stating I’m right and your wrong is just your opinion.
I mean the easy facts are that their PE multiple is like 120 now at this lower price (and probably 200+ at earlier prices) when other car makers are getting multiples of 5-7. And yes they are the cars of the future, but that is extreme and reeks of a cult-like following that drives the prices up. They also make about 1/4 of their net income from government subsidies and carbon tax credits that they sell so their multiple is even more inflated when you consider just actual car sales. So yea they do have "cult" like following or investors that drive their prices way up. But in the end he is laughing all the way to the bank.

𝑊𝑒'𝑟𝑒 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑏𝑎𝑙𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑒
I think the spending levels have them scared. It’s one thing to spend up to $300K under the table in a tilted market where most other teams cannot match - or spend at all - due to NCAA protection. In a free and fair open market the same $300K recruit might be $1M or more.

You are absolutely wrong. Many, many, many people buy Tesla's because of Elon Musk and his personality. He has a cult following, and it's that cult following that is really the only reason his company is valued as highly as it is, which gave him the ability to virtually print money to finance the growth of his business. Sorry buddy, but you are out of your depth here...way out of your depth!
Absolutely! I was going to buy a Maserati when I traded in my MacLaren, but instead I chose a Tesla because of Elon's devil may care attitude and boyish good looks. He's a modern day Howard Hughes and I wanted to be a part of that. It totally wasn't to be part of the green group who sniffs their own farts with an air of smug self righteousness as we look down on the rubes who don't see how much we care about the planet.

Anyway, gotta jet! Literally, I'm getting on my private jet. Flying to Maryland for some fresh crabcakes. My pilot says he knows a great place and none of the house cooking staff can seem to get them right. Toodles!

Advertisement
I mean the easy facts are that their PE multiple is like 120 now at this lower price (and probably 200+ at earlier prices) when other car makers are getting multiples of 5-7. And yes they are the cars of the future, but that is extreme and reeks of a cult-like following that drives the prices up. They also make about 1/4 of their net income from government subsidies and carbon tax credits that they sell so their multiple is even more inflated when you consider just actual car sales. So yea they do have "cult" like following or investors that drive their prices way up. But in the end he is laughing all the way to the bank.

Around 80% of stock shares on all of the major American exchanges are owned by institutional investors. Meaning professional investors managing retirement funds, etc.

Pro’s don’t invest because they have some “cult like following,” and certainly not to the extent that it would account for that big PE difference.

They invest in Tesla because the market believes in their future earnings.

His opinion is factually wrong, and my opinion is factually correct.

Just commenting on the topic... yes, if you google "cult of Elon" there is a ton out there. He has this massive cult of fanboys who literally begged him to create merch. It's really weird to me. Not my jam. People definitely buy Teslas because of it, and even more so, buy the stock of anything he owns or blesses. I mean, the completely irrefutable example is Dogecoin. Agree with your Elon comment.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Around 80% of stock shares on all of the major American exchanges are owned by institutional investors. Meaning professional investors managing retirement funds, etc.

Pro’s don’t invest because they have some “cult like following,” and certainly not to the extent that it would account for that big PE difference.

They invest in Tesla because the market believes in their future earnings.
His opinion is factually wrong, and my opinion is factually correct.

All of you are partially correct. At the end of the day the vast majority of shares on the SE are owned by institutional investors and none of them are buying because because they are part of Elons cult or because they get fooled into doing it because Elon says something. However, he does have a very strong cult like following on Twitter and he can fool that group into buying shares. The institutional investors understand this and will buy, not because they are being swayed by Elons words, but because they know that there is going to be movement thanks to what he says from the retail investor. They also use algos which doesn't care about what Elon says, but does care about how the stocks are moving, which he is able to influence with his tweets. This is the reason why the SEC has tagged him in the past and this is the reason why Elon wants to take over twitter so badly.

Dude **** EVERYONE!!! Ruiz is loud but there's nothing wrong with that. His NIL deals are by the book, the collectives are clearly pay for play but Miami isn't doing that so they can all eat a bag of ****s. I used to think everyone hating Miami was cool (okay, i still do) but not when they all try to actually impede their progress....which they're clearly trying to do....yet again. I'm sick of this ****.

Advertisement
Back