Rumor They Are Making Noise About A "Ruiz Rule"

34D7A7CA-C678-434D-A848-5E63FF42C1D9.png

Advertisement

That right there is the difference between what Ruiz is doing and what other NIL orientated "Businesses-Collectives" can't do.... Ruiz can offer actual jobs for anyone anywhere to be part of... Lifewallet isn't just a Miami thing... Ruiz's intent is going nationwide...
If you're Joe Shmo from FSU or Bama what have you got to offer that isn't directly tied to the school you're "recruiting" for??? They can't show their hand in the manner Ruiz can... Cause Ruiz's hands are clean... There's no worry on his part...
I've made mention that the harder the NCAA pushes this the more it's gonna end up exposing those they're trying to protect most.... I really believe Ruiz understands this and , just an assumption on my part, has this as part of his end game ....

Last edited:
Has Ruiz offered NIL jobs to any FIU players? Or, are they too low profile to have a local So Fla value?

That right there is the difference between what Ruiz is doing and what other NIL orientated "Businesses-Collectives" can't do.... Ruiz can offer actual jobs for anyone anywhere to be part of... Lifewallet isn't just a Miami thing... Ruiz's intent is going nationwide...
If you're Joe Shmo from FSU or Bama what have you got to offer that isn't directly tied to the school you're "recruiting" for??? They can't show their hand in the manner Ruiz can... Cause Ruiz's hands are clean... There's no worry on his part...
This is I've made mention that the harder the NCAA pushes this the more it's gonna end up exposing those they're trying to protect most.... I really believe Ruiz understands this and , just an assumption on my part, has this as part of his end game ....
Ruiz going nationwide with NIL deals doesn’t seem like a net benefit to UM.

Ruiz going nationwide with NIL deals doesn’t seem like a net benefit to UM.
Right... because it's a legit business that stretches far beyond Miami... Why does he have to pigeon hole himself into just making NIL deals available to only Miami recruits??? Sure it's a great tool to use in our favor but from a broader perspective it shows true legitimacy to the product he's offering and who it's offered too.... UM will continue to receive benefits or however a person wants to word it from what Ruiz is doing... Athletes will want to be part of it down here
Keep in mind being here in South Florida there's more by way of NIL opportunity than just Lifewallet... So couple all that with what Lifewallet offers and it makes a very attractive package for athletes interested in coming here....
We're still at the very beginning of how all this will play out.... The coming years in how all this grows will be fun to watch...

Advertisement
Right... because it's a legit business that stretches far beyond Miami... Why does he have to pigeon hole himself into just making NIL deals available to only Miami recruits??? Sure it's a great tool to use in our favor but from a broader perspective it shows true legitimacy to the product he's offering and who it's offered too.... UM will continue to receive benefits or however a person wants to word it from what Ruiz is doing... Athletes will want to be part of it down here
Keep in mind being here in South Florida there's more by way of NIL opportunity than just Lifewallet... So couple all that with what Lifewallet offers and it makes a very attractive package for athletes interested in coming here....
We're still at the very beginning of how all this will play out.... The coming years in how all this grows will be fun to watch...
If he’s got a fixed budget, and his reach extends across the country, I’m sure he’ll eventually realize that he’ll get a greater media impression to dollar ratio with players in the Heisman race than the majority of guys on our roster.

If he’s got a fixed budget, and his reach extends across the country, I’m sure he’ll eventually realize that he’ll get a greater media impression to dollar ratio with players in the Heisman race than the majority of guys on our roster.
Anything is possible dude.... If that's where his vision eventually takes him then more power to him...

Anyone go to the Life Wallet event last night? Would be cool to start a new thread on what went down and the impact for UM.

Advertisement
Goes back to my initial point, it doesn’t seem like a net benefit to UM. We need to hitch our wagon to more than one horse.
We already have.. Lifewallet is just the most recognized at this point....

Goes back to my initial point, it doesn’t seem like a net benefit to UM. We need to hitch our wagon to more than one horse.

First of all, the school does not actively hitch their wagons to anyone. It has to come voluntarily from people outside the school like Ruiz.

Secondly, I don’t think you understand the phrase “net benefit“. It remains a net benefit to us because most of life wallet‘s “advertisers/players“ are from the SFL area, and specifically the Miami Hurricanes. How is that not a net benefit even if he has deals with NIL players from other schools. It only strengthens his argument that this is a legitimate advertising/NIL transaction with players.

Finally, there is more than one horse. There are other supporters that are contributing different NIL opportunities and supporting the program in other ways.

Advertisement
Ruiz is a double edged sword. Blowback to his style was inevitable.

Right or wrong, he’s just a by-product of a broken system that desperately needs a total leadership and structural overhaul.

The current system is already a complete cluster****.
You must really hate UM. You defended the corch that was single-handedly destroying our program, until the very end. Now you can't stop talking schit about the guy that is doing more for our football program than anyone since Howard.

Contrary to what Ruiz says, for legal purposes. He doesn't give af about making the absolute most money he can from NIL. There are far more lucrative investments he could be spending that money on. He is not going to just start boosting other schools players, so that he could get a better return on his NIL. He is boosting our players because he wants influence in UM and wants to see our team beat out other teams.

Advertisement

Give it a couple years - ALL our players will be in the Heisman race . . .

I have done 0 research on this, so I am asking, not arguing. Are there any schools that actually spend more money on their athletics program than academics?
I don’t have the number either, that’s why I am using a prospective variable. Ultimately, schools like LSU and Bama exceed in coaching and facilities budgets and lag in library upkeeps and education ratings.

I don’t have the number either, that’s why I am using a prospective variable. Ultimately, schools like LSU and Bama exceed in coaching and facilities budgets and lag in library upkeeps and education ratings.
Well I know Bama and LSU are terrible academically, but I would have assumed, even they spent more on academics than their athletics.

Well I know Bama and LSU are terrible academically, but I would have assumed, even they spent more on academics than their athletics.
I’d like to see the numbers. If they are spending less on athletics then they do on academics, that doesn’t absolve them of underfunding their academics and the ratio needs a tweaking. I’d like to see it applied across the board where you no longer see lagging academic facilites or faculties at school that bust the budget for athletics.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back