Rumor They Are Making Noise About A "Ruiz Rule"

Don’t blame the kids, ruiz or other collectives this is the NCAA fault. They could’ve solved this problem a while ago. Tampering is a big problem, go back to no transfer unless your head coach or position coach leaves other than that you have to sit a year.

Advertisement
I've laid low on this, because what I have to say would take 100 pages, but to be slightly brief, you are one of the only people in here who completely get it. Who in their right mind thinks that John Ruiz shouldn't execute his business model by publicizing his NIL deals to create actual value from the agreements? Who in their right mind thinks John Ruiz is going to cower and "lay low" when he's completely in the legal right? John Ruiz would LOVE the NCAA to come after him. He would eat them alive. Because he's right. And because he's better. The NCAA won't go near him.

This thread is an excellent window into who here is happy to count the days down to their next paycheck and who the doers are. Fans are in their panties because SI and other rags are smearing us incorrectly? "He's too brash!" "He should lay low!" News flash, people. They ALREADY HATE US. Anything we do that leads us to be successful they are going to write about negatively. Whether we publicize it or not. In fact, if we keep it quiet they will accuse us of hiding something.

Oh no! We celebrated a TD?

Oh no, a private businessman, with all contracts approved by Miami compliance, is hiring students to work for his companies?

Nut up, people. They are always going to try to tear us down. You can either cry about how scared you are the boogeyman might get us, or sit back and enjoy it.

It doesn't make much business sense for Ruiz to keep a low profile. One big reason Ruiz (and UM) are completely in the clear and have zero worries about the NCAA is that agents and players are initiating contact and reaching out to Ruiz to ask about NIL deals. He's not the one calling them out of the blue and offering deals.

Some people might ask - why would a player at a different school contact Ruiz and express interest in being part of his company? That goes back to the publicity angle. Ruiz has stated loudly and repeatedly that players can expect a regular, steady paycheck every week. Players know what they are getting paid for- advertising for one of Ruiz's companies.Compare this to a NIL Collective like Limp Spear. What exactly are they paying players for? Limp Spear isn't selling any products. Are they going to give a player 500k to dress like a clown and entertain kids at bday parties?

It doesn't make much business sense for Ruiz to keep a low profile. One big reason Ruiz (and UM) are completely in the clear and have zero worries about the NCAA is that agents and players are initiating contact and reaching out to Ruiz to ask about NIL deals. He's not the one calling them out of the blue and offering deals.

Some people might ask - why would a player at a different school contact Ruiz and express interest in being part of his company? That goes back to the publicity angle. Ruiz has stated loudly and repeatedly that players can expect a regular, steady paycheck every week. Players know what they are getting paid for- advertising for one of Ruiz's companies.Compare this to a NIL Collective like Limp Spear. What exactly are they paying players for? Limp Spear isn't selling any products. Are they going to give a player 500k to dress like a clown and entertain kids at bday parties?
He just addressed on Joe Rose show. He pays to enhance his brand awareness. He’s a +20billion dollar company and ytd he has spent $5 million in marketing expenses. He estimates his brand has increased by $200 million (not sure what metrics he’s usinot to establish the number).

and he only tweets after commitment is signed.

Ok, fair enough. I know sometimes I give you a hard time because you are younger and haven't been around for as long to see all the challenges Miami has overcome (and in fairness, you haven't gotten to enjoy the highest of highs, like when we won 3 titles in my first 6 years at UM). And for the record, I got an MBA and JD, it wasn't all undergrad.

But, yes, it's soooo easy to be classified as a booster. I believe there was even a case years ago with Notre Dame (I think) where a SECRETARY in the Athletic Department was deemed to be a booster.

For years, for my section in the Orange Bowl, a Hurricane Club donation was REQUIRED. Boom. I'm done. I'm a booster for life. And I strongly suspect John Ruiz has done SOMETHING, from a big donation to a small required payment, that would put him in the booster category as well.

I do agree, John has studied the landscape and has not violated any rules. But his high profile has given the haters the ammunition to attack him. Now the NCAA wants to make RETROACTIVE rules? Setting aside the massive bullcrap that a move like that represents, we at least have to acknowledge the reality and logic...

...It is entirely POSSIBLE (no idea of whether it is probable) that the NCAA might legislate that some of John's actions are RETROACTIVE rules violations. And John can fight it. And I'd give him a fair chance of winning, but it will take a while.

But, yeah, once the NCAA fvckboys start making rules that convert past lawful behavior into retroactive violations, all bets are off.

View attachment 185082

Don't be so modest!

I thought you said the best three years of your life was spent in the tenth grade!

Those were two points he made over and over. He stressed NIL was the vehicle to get the word out about Life Wallet that happens to have a knock-on effect of helping our Miami Hurricanes.

A stretch, but I'll allow it.

Advertisement
Those were two points he made over and over. He stressed NIL was the vehicle to get the word out about Life Wallet that happens to have a knock-on effect of helping our Miami Hurricanes.

A stretch, but I'll allow it.
This Is Fine How Are You GIF by Four Rest Films

Advertisement
what percent chance Miami is mentioned when the NCAA drops next week? i think it’s a guarantee.

He's been slaying muppets all night👇

Probably should tone it down though.

This really is about exposing the incompetence of the NCAA at it's core... He won't tone it down.. if anything he's gonna get louder.... Like I said in a previous post... He wants to force the fight... What's the best way to make a bully leave you be?? Punch him in the mouth... The bully (NCAA) just ran into someone who's willing to swing back....

Advertisement
That's not a win to strive for...
The ncaa and ADS think they know what's best for the student athletes, when in reality, all they care about is their respective institution.

They're worried about:

1. Decreased contributions to the school due to money going to NIL
2. Inflation of cost to acquire players they were once capable of attaining for cheap
3. Certain schools are worried about their student athletes leaving for bigger and better opportunities
4. Simply put; loss of power

As long as their witch hunt matches what they think is right, who cares. There will be schools that get ****ed by these investigations and will have to wait years for the litigation to resolve and the NCAA to dissolve. By that time, osu and the Bama of the world will be even further out ahead.

Point blank, this inducement **** is stupid. These kids will know who's paying and if they aren't getting paid, they will continue to transfer.

Then you have this halfwit who denies partaking in NIL despite the fact that it is entirely legal.

He’s an idiot and everyone in that state is falling for it cause of his good ole boy status.
That coach literally owned the state.

Think about that. He owned this state and any elite recruit from Valdosta down.
And the only way he was able to win a chip was because a blind dude who had an elite arm was able to mr magoo his way into a championship.
After crab legs was gone he did nothing but squander talent into nothing.
He has absolutely no leadership qualities that can keep a team from tearing itself apart from the inside and you can tell that just by his interviews
And now you give him dudes that are making legit money and not some under the table cash payments.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This really is about exposing the incompetence of the NCAA at it's core... He won't tone it down.. if anything he's gonna get louder.... Like I said in a previous post... He wants to force the fight... What's the best way to make a bully leave you be?? Punch him in the mouth... The bully (NCAA) just ran into someone who's willing to swing back....
Several times today in media and social media posts, he has basically called the NCAA enforcement team JV squad-types wjo can't match what he'll bring to bear.

He's sending a message......

Now, is it a good one is an obvious debate....

Several times today in media and social media posts, he has basically called the NCAA enforcement team JV squad-types wjo can't match what he'll bring to bear.

He's sending a message......

Now, is it a good one is an obvious debate....
It's good if you have the firepower to back it up.... For Ruiz to get in this deep and then show his hand as a bluff would be suicidal... He wants the NCAA to push forward in their own reckless way and he's gonna steamroll them... This to me comes across as a very calculated move on Ruiz's part... He saw where this has been heading and he's been well prepared for it....
I was skeptical at first but I'm on the side that Ruiz is fully aware and prepared of all possibilities at this point...

The ncaa and ADS think they know what's best for the student athletes, when in reality, all they care about is their respective institution.

They're worried about:

1. Decreased contributions to the school due to money going to NIL
2. Inflation of cost to acquire players they were once capable of attaining for cheap
3. Certain schools are worried about their student athletes leaving for bigger and better opportunities
4. Simply put; loss of power

As long as their witch hunt matches what they think is right, who cares. There will be schools that get ****ed by these investigations and will have to wait years for the litigation to resolve and the NCAA to dissolve. By that time, osu and the Bama of the world will be even further out ahead.

Point blank, this inducement **** is stupid. These kids will know who's paying and if they aren't getting paid, they will continue to transfer.
If a school is doing nothing wrong then there's nothing to worry about....
Same goes for business's attached to NIL... If it's legal then accusing bodies don't have a leg to stand on... It's just professional crying ..

Advertisement
Back