Rumor They Are Making Noise About A "Ruiz Rule"

Advertisement
He's a booster. Once a booster, always a booster. You can't just say "oh, now I want zero ties".

It's too late. John Ruiz and his entire family are boosters.
I thought there was like a technical requirement to be considered as a booster by the NCAA.... rather than just like anybody who supports publicly and buys football tickets.

You guys want him to shut up but everything he's doing is to promote the brand. He's purposefully being loud...because people are talking about him being loud.

If anything, the ones being loud come across as more legit than the ones being quiet. He's making a strong case that this is more about growing the brand than paying players. He can point to increased engagement and argue that his NIL deals, and the publicity, are actually working for his business.

Ruiz will win in court If they go too far with this.
And we don’t need this to recruit. Once players know that performance at UM results in big NIL deals, they will come for “nothing” and know they will get paid for production.
FYI, everyone would rather see payment for production than paying recruits. Including Ruiz.
‘Anyone who thinks this will matter is being foolish. Like dumb *** Danny Kanell. He’s probably still losing sleep over the beat down in ‘94.
I was waiting for your input on this. Nice to know that you dont think it's anything to worry about. Those ******** will go to any length to try to ***** us. In a weird way I hope they do push it too far and Ruiz destroys them legally.

Edit: Almost forgot the most important point......***** you Danny Kannel! Carlos Jones sends his regards.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It was an NCAA rule before and it can be one again. The general public has non competes with a lot of businesses , meaning you have to wait so long before you go to the competition. So yes it can be done .
Add non-compete language to scholarships.

Advertisement
You must not have strong rooting interest in Miami then. Or just must have not paid attention to the inherent advantage certain schools created in cahoots with the NCAA before the NCAA lost a ton of enforcement power as a result of the Supreme Court ruling.
As an alum I have a strong rooting interest in the program. My statement was kinda miss-understood I was referring to achieving the same goal with a lot less attention..

Advertisement
Is Ruiz even a booster officially? I seem to remember him specifically saying he wanted zero ties to the school for just this reason.
If you have season tickets, technically you’re a booster under NCAA bylaws. The university of Miami and Ruiz are untouchable as it stands right now. He’s in the right and he knows it. We keep winning and **** the rest. Lol He’s got this.

Reason why Ruiz hasnt been quiet is because of advertisement. The more LifeWallet is being talked about, the better.

At this point, all they do is just collect data from customers. Once they're ready to go, the company is gonna make a ****load of money. But you need customers and to get them, you need to advertise.

Booster is defined by the ncaa as "representatives of the institution's athletic interests." Not sure how Ruiz doesn't fall directly under that when he's tweeting about buying Miami players every other day.

Advertisement
Last I checked the NCAA doesn't wield more authority than the Supreme Court.... The rules have been set and we're following them... If the NCAA now figures they wanna change the rules well go ahead and try... They just need to understand that by doing so they'll expose others dirty laundry more so than anything they expect to expose from us....
Let's understand that this is the same group of people that had a slam dunk case against us years back with the Shapiro fiasco and STILL found a way to ***** it up .... Until proven otherwise I see no reason to doubt anything Ruiz is doing and have no fear of any threats the NCAA wants to attempt to follow through on....

I thought there was like a technical requirement to be considered as a booster by the NCAA.... rather than just like anybody who supports publicly and buys football tickets.

No. It is incredibly easy to become a booster. Plus I would imagine that John Ruiz has made contributions in prior years.

If you think that a millionaire alum with kids enrolled at Miami (at least two of whom were UM athletes) didn't get hit up for, and make, donations...then I'm not sure you know how a university operates.

On top of which, in prior years, our season tickets required a Hurricane Club contribution. UM mails me the "booster" brochure every year.

But, sure, if you think that John Ruiz has scrupulously avoided making any contributions to UM for decades, because he knew that in 2021 he would need to NOT be considered a UM "booster" for the NIL rules which had not yet been enacted, then I guess he had a time machine...or else he consulted with Miss Cleo...either way, he must be some kind of long-con genius to pull that off...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back