Rumor They Are Making Noise About A "Ruiz Rule"

Advertisement
Danny has a hard time comparing a "Collective" that sells flags, decals, and jerseys for $$$$$$$$$$, and a "NIL Company deal" that signs a contract with a player to advertise, promote, and highlight a Company for the image and products outreach to millions. Working for their paychecks

Apples and oranges Danny, or should I say.

Horses and Asses Danny, there is a difference.

Use your FSU degree to tell the difference.

As pacsumc said NIL is not a go fund me request.

They should make Freshmen and sophomore sit 1 year unless HC change and allow junior and senior to be eligible immediate
I could see something like this eventually happening. There has to be some kind of loophole to allow transfers if coaches leave for other jobs. Jordan Addison for example could see a serious drop in production next year if he stays at Pitt. After Kenny Pickett, he benefitted the most from Mark Whipple's "sling it all over the field" offense. Whipple isn't there anymore. Their new coordinator, Frank Cignetti is more of a conservative offensive play caller. Especially compared to Whipple. Now Addison is likely a first round pick regardless barring injury but you could make the argument that playing in a more conservative offense could seriously affect his numbers and possibly affect his draft position. If coaches can leave whenever they want, players should be able to also.

Advertisement
It was an NCAA rule before and it can be one again. The general public has non competes with a lot of businesses , meaning you have to wait so long before you go to the competition. So yes it can be done .

Were you happy when we got Seantrel Henderson? Because as you remember, He signed His LOI with USC, had a cup off coffee, and decided He wanted to go to Miami. Now I think Seantrel should've been made to sit out a year by the way, not the kid who spends a year at a school, is in good standing academically, and decides He doesn't want to go to that school anymore for whatever reason.

the only issue with this is you just have to make sure its not contingent on enrollment which that tweet makes it seem like it does (using NIL for recruiting). now I know ruizs deals are legit and comply with the NIL law and on top of that, its one of the few NIL deals where you actually see the kids perform

Can't punish based on perception. You said it yourself in the same post, that his deals are legit and compliant. F perception. Show me proof otherwise (not you, in general, or the NCAA).

I love hearing people so ****ed off at us for this.

Playing field is even now.

Miami back on the national stage.

surprise-************.gif

Were you happy when we got Seantrel Henderson? Because as you remember, He signed His LOI with USC, had a cup off coffee, and decided He wanted to go to Miami. Now I think Seantrel should've been made to sit out a year by the way, not the kid who spends a year at a school and is in good standing academically.
Do you remember how Seantrel got out of his letter of intent?

The NCAA granted him and everyone else who signed with USC a waiver since they were going to be hit with sanctions following the Reggie Bush investigation. I don't think it would have been fair to punish kids who signed with USC before sanctions.

Bring back the sit out rule unless you have a waiver and keep moving. These kids have the right to make what they’re worth

I think it should be a modified sit out rule. Could be based on number of games played in the season, like the redshirt rules (appearance in 4 games) . Mims and Addison should be treated differently. Mims, as a bench player, would be able to transfer without sitting out, even if he gets a NIL deal. Addison, as a highly decorated WR, would have to sit out a year (unless he gets a waiver) because he played most of the season. You want to allow bench players to transfer to places where there are better opportunities. It hurts the schools that are 3 deep in 5 stars at a certain position, but that is a good thing . At the same time, the modified sit out rule prevents the vast majority of NCAA teams from being farm teams for the schools with the most NIL money.

Advertisement
Were you happy when we got Seantrel Henderson? Because as you remember, He signed His LOI with USC, had a cup off coffee, and decided He wanted to go to Miami. Now I think Seantrel should've been made to sit out a year by the way, not the kid who spends a year at a school, is in good standing academically, and decides He doesn't want to go to that school anymore for whatever reason.
Yeah because it’s apples to apples now with what’s going on in Cfb versus then. Btw I’m pretty sure Seanttell was nothing like say Addison beens SH was released from Loi , he never played a down there. Lastly spare me on the kids being punished in todays Cfb. Poor things getting a free education , great medical , nutrition and thousands of dollar stipends a month. Mix that with Nil stuff that’s not even part of that stipend. Sitting a year now versus then Is nothing alike with todays climate.

Last edited:
Do you remember how Seantrel got out of his letter of intent?

The NCAA granted him and everyone else who signed with USC a waiver since they were going to be hit with sanctions following the Reggie Bush investigation. I don't think it would have been fair to punish kids who signed with USC before sanctions.
Right. Horrible example

Last edited:
It was an NCAA rule before and it can be one again. The general public has non competes with a lot of businesses , meaning you have to wait so long before you go to the competition. So yes it can be done .
I said this on the other thread. It can easily be done.

So, Kanell played at F$U and was a consultant at Bama for a minute, I believe. He can spare me all the holier than thou crap. You've been right in the middle of the mud pit, Danny Boy. Mud is all over you and even under your fingernails. If it didn't bother your conscience then, ST*U now, hypocrite.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I've laid low on this, because what I have to say would take 100 pages, but to be slightly brief, you are one of the only people in here who completely get it. Who in their right mind thinks that John Ruiz shouldn't execute his business model by publicizing his NIL deals to create actual value from the agreements? Who in their right mind thinks John Ruiz is going to cower and "lay low" when he's completely in the legal right? John Ruiz would LOVE the NCAA to come after him. He would eat them alive. Because he's right. And because he's better. The NCAA won't go near him.

This thread is an excellent window into who here is happy to count the days down to their next paycheck and who the doers are. Fans are in their panties because SI and other rags are smearing us incorrectly? "He's too brash!" "He should law low!" News flash, people. They ALREADY HATE US. Anything we do that leads us to be successful they are going to write about negatively. Whether we publicize it or not. In fact, if we keep it quiet they will accuse us of hiding something.

Oh no! We celebrated a TD?

Oh no, a private businessman, with all contracts approved by Miami compliance, is hiring students to work for his companies?

Nut up, people. They are always going to try to tear us down. You can either cry about how scared you are the boogeyman might get us, or sit back and enjoy it.
Agree with everything you and @AtlAtty have stated. I will add that the cherry on top of all this is that he’s going to force them to end the scam of “collectives” eliminating most of our competition in the NIL space or atleast forcing them to do it the right way.

Yeah because it’s apples to apples now with what’s going on in Cfb versus then. Btw I’m pretty sure Seanttell was nothing like say Addison beens SH was released from Loi , he never played a down there. Lastly spare me on the kids being punished in todays Cfb. Poor things getting a free education , great medical , nutrition and thousands of dollar stipends a month. Mix that with Nil stuff that’s not even part of that stipend. Sitting a year now versus then Is nothing alike with todays climate.

"Free education"?

LOL, scholarship players don't get a free education, they trade their talents for an education. If it was free, all non-athletes would be in school.

There's not one single rule that the NCAA has which is designed to benefit the "student athlete". Every NCAA rule places a burden on athletes that is not placed on other students, or takes away a right that other students have.

"Free education"...LMAO!!!

Advertisement
Back