Rumor They Are Making Noise About A "Ruiz Rule"

Advertisement
But when Saban and Bama says Young will get $1,000,000+ or Texas pays every offensive linemen $50K it's great!

Right. And it's not just Saban's shameless plug about Young's 7 figure deal that's an inducement. Showing off facilities that cost 8 figures is an inducement. And most of us have heard these loud, whisper campaigns of Bama moving these kids and their families across the Country, see Tua & Harris. Those leaks aren't an accident, kids hear about that ****, those are inducements. It's been the wild, wild west for awhile now.

But hey, colonizers gonna colonize, as soon as a Latino is able to legally drop bags these racist, xenophobic b!tches have something to say, ******* them.

Advertisement
All that matters is the court of law period. Ruiz is not a collective, and as a businesseman he can decide to give his money to whomever he wants to. The guy right now has millions if impressions on twitter for his lifewallet startup. This advertising was made possible by succesfully marketing the deals and players that signed with LifeWallet.

Not only that, agents contact him, nothing is done through the University. And players need to show up and record commercials, + all have different $$$ amounts to their valuation based on their marketing.

I would love to see the NCAA go against Ruiz for deciding to spend his own money LEGALLY and within the bounds of the law. I actually hope it happens if you think about it. Ruiz is known for taking on the NCAA, FPL, and making them bend the knee. Dont think for one second that Ruiz is even concerned with the toothless NCAA when he has a team of lawyers naking sure it is a textbook deal, and when they are running everything through UM compliance.

To make matters worse for the NCAA, Ruiz is also using NIL not just for UM athletics but also for local high school players/ 7v7 teams. When the dust settles here the Gator Collectives, SEC Collectives, will be left scrambling while Lifewallet will thrive. These guys thought it out before hand. It wasnt just, oh we have 10 donors who are alums if the university donating x amoubt so recruit XYZ can come. No. Private company, where kids have to legit promote their product and work with no direct ties to the University. Please NCAA I dare you to come after Ruiz so he can sue you so hard that your little House Of Cards will collapse and bury you to the point you will not cease to exist any longer.

and as for USC? Lifewallet doesnt work that way. Kids contact ruiz's people not the University. If that would have happened here it would have been a lot different because Addison would be interested in LifeWallet ( in the legal sense) and legally there is nothing that can be done. You cant call Mario Cristobal and blame him for tampering when it is Addison's people REACHING out not to Cristobal but to lifewaller. What is Narduzzi going to do, Send a complaint to the NCAA because he hates Capitalism?
As I was saying.... Miami has set itself up nicely here. You are not going to outhustle Ruiz who happens to be one of the best lawyers thst money can buy. That's like trying to win against Tommy ******* Shelby.... you will get pulverized.

Colin Cowherd gets it. Collectives are in trouble and scrambling and Ruiz is smiling because LifeWallet is impermeable to the NCAA. If Addison and his agent are smart then they will make sure the deal they get is the most rocksolid and ironclad deal out there. Only LifeWallet Provides that.

Advertisement
Sosa is actually doing name image and likeness. He has a product and he’s using the players name, their image, their likeness to promote the product and the players are getting paid for it.

These collectives are no different then a go fund me campaign to raise money to pay players so they can use the go fund me to raise money to pay more players. It’s not a product. It’s not something you can download it’s not something you can buy or use.

It literally has nothing to do with the Ed O’Bannon case. Ed O’Bannon was about his name and his number on a jersey that was selling for over $100 each. The case was about his name his face his jersey on the cover of a video game That was selling worldwide and he was getting nothing for it.

The collectives are a monthly service that you subscribe to in order for the players to get that money. Again, it’s just a fancy way to hide the fact that it’s just a go fund me page.

From what I was able to gather, just seems like they want to prevent "boosters" with long money and long clout from basically hitting up players on social media and wooing them with the promise of a big money deal if they leave their school.

To me this is about what USC "allegedly" did to Pittsburgh as opposed to anything Ruiz is doing. If USC used a donor/booster to backdoor a deal with Addison while he was at Pitt and actively recruited him through a handler with the promise of a 1M+ NIL deal (with USC of course having no idea what this booster/donor was doing because of course that would be a violation. Wink wink) then that is what the NCAA is looking to crack down on.

Basically telling schools to control your long money donors and boosters from reaching out and negotiating any deals with any players that are not already with that program. Makes sense to me. (shrugs). Ruiz will be the whipping boy but Ruiz hasnt done anything wrong imo. Yeah he hosted those twins for the womans basketball team but they were interested in getting sponsored by LifeWallet and it was strictly a business deal. (wink wink) Even if they had went back to Fresno state, Ruiz would have still given them the deal. There are so many holes that Ruiz can exploit here.

Bring back the sit out rule unless you have a waiver and keep moving. These kids have the right to make what they’re worth
They should make Freshmen and sophomore sit 1 year unless HC change and allow junior and senior to be eligible immediate

Advertisement
Danny K put his foot in his mouth and it got stuck......
Jealousy and envy for our U will drive ex players to this.

He just could not help himself, and now the tweets are tearing him a new *******.
Well deserved for a limp speared apologizer, that is still a loser..

He sees the U coming and cannot do a **** thing about it.........

Advertisement
They should make Freshmen and sophomore sit 1 year unless HC change and allow junior and senior to be eligible immediate

You wouldn't delay taking a more lucrative job if you had the opportunity but you expect a College athlete to, makes no sense.

Right. And it's not just Saban's shameless plug about Young's 7 figure deal that's an inducement. Showing off facilities that cost 8 figures is an inducement. And most of us have heard these loud, whisper campaigns of Bama moving these kids and their families across the Country, see Tua & Harris. Those leaks aren't an accident, kids hear about that ****, those are inducements. It's been the wild, wild west for awhile now.

But hey, colonizers gonna colonize, as soon as a Latino is able to legally drop bags these racist, xenophobic b!tches have something to say, ******* them.

People seem to forget what Miami Hurricanes ball is about. It’s about playing great football, working hard, and telling people about it. it’s a Miami thing.

If we were doing it quietly it would make no difference, they hate us anyway, so fūck ’em.

To go tax laywer... it is not the form of Lifewallet vs Ruiz that they care about, it is the function of Miami being the beneficiaries instead of Bama, TN, etc.

You are correct.

At the same time, steal their ammunition. How many unsportsmanlike penalties did UM get in the 1980s? But until Randal Hill ran into the tunnel, the NCAA didn't do anything except walk off 15-yarders on us. After that? They made that whole video showing all of the horrible things Miami had done previously.

And, sure, some people will blow that off and say that we overcame it. But why give them ammo to shoot you with?

John's been a **** good lawyer for years, he's made plenty of money. You've never seen him taking these pictures and tweeting these things previously. So it's not purely about ego, that he needs to see his own name and likeness all over the place. I understand the play he is making at the moment, I understand the publicity that he is building around the company. And now it's time to reel it back. Everyone knows that LifeWallet pays well. Let every recruit call the LifeWallet marketing department and see what the interest is.

We just (collectively) need to read the room. Everyone knew it was going to be the Wild West for a while. But, yeah, some university presidents and ADs suddenly saw the blood and got queasy. So now the momentum is shifting to "let's hire a sheriff to stop the best gunfighters from running roughshod". And now it's time to slow down the "everyone shaking hands for the NIL before the commit is even announced" photo ops. Let's shift the Tweets from "predictions" to "post-LOI-gloating".

It's all good. I'm not mad at John. He's done nothing wrong under the existing rules.

But now it's time to transition from a pugnacious start-up to a blue-blood blue-chip stock that's a part of the Dow Jones Index.

Advertisement
Back