There will be chants tonight

Advertisement
Peter,

When I was a student at The U (God I miss those days), the student body wasn't always as in "in tune" to the specifics of our athletics as I wanted.

Are the students really aware of who Thomas, Collins, etc. are? Or do we have a couple of student leaders there (you, my man?) to lead the lemmings?

Either way, awesome stuff.

Gobbling up these 'cruits tonight boys
bgXdLrOx6k.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Man, when I was there we didn't even know who the "future stud" freshmen were. We'd never heard of Willis mcgahee til he started killing it on the field.

Peter,

When I was a student at The U (God I miss those days), the student body wasn't always as in "in tune" to the specifics of our athletics as I wanted.

Are the students really aware of who Thomas, Collins, etc. are? Or do we have a couple of student leaders there (you, my man?) to lead the lemmings?

Either way, awesome stuff.

i would say there is a loud minority who's really into it.

however, as UM have risen in the rankings, there are a lot of students who couldn't care less about football.

Advertisement
Man, when I was there we didn't even know who the "future stud" freshmen were. We'd never heard of Willis mcgahee til he started killing it on the field.

I would argue this is probably a good thing. That way there is no "Next So and So" expectations on these kids from the fans...a la Ray Ray Armstrong, who we all would have thought was a decent player if he hadn't been so hyped.

Advertisement
I would argue this is probably a good thing. That way there is no "Next So and So" expectations on these kids from the fans...a la Ray Ray Armstrong, who we all would have thought was a decent player if he hadn't been so hyped.

i won't name who it was. but one kid always wore his under armor all american gear. EVERYWHERE. kid was talking about how he's going to the league in three years... blah blah blah

i'm happy to say he's no longer at the U

My kid is at the game and says there is nothing noticeable towards recruits in the house like cheers/chants.

Crap, I follow this stuff more than he does. Think it's natural that the kids only focus on the immediate. Food, beer, girls, game. Clearly a crazy game so far.

Advertisement
Back