There was a time

ATL-BRAD

Freshman
When stars were based off of film, offers and measurable's (somewhere pre 2008) and not on the amount of subscriptions teams have. Based on that this class is very under rated. I will give you a few base on the film, offers and measurable's that I think are under rated. Just kinda of inserted to see if you guys agree or if you think there is anyone else that you think is under rated base on the pre 2008 click system. If we close with the 2 big lineman this is going to be one **** of a class!

Base on 24/7 rankings

D.J. Johnson 4* should be a 5* most offered kid in the country has size and pops on film.

Donaldson 4* should Be a 5* Film is great, off season was great and has the size!

Ford 3* should be a 4* see Donaldson

Carter 3* should be a 4* Film and Size

Gibson 3* should be a 4* Film is great

Garvin 3* should be a 4* Film is awesome and size fits the bill

I feel like if any of these where going to Bama, UF, and OSU they get the other star.

Advertisement
Recruiting under the radar guys and keeping them a secret until late in the process? I'm down with that... Miami will not Be able to overtake Bama by spending $$$

I think Gibson and Ford are correctly rated. Definitely agree on Garvin. Carter might have a case for the 4th star too

Advertisement
One reason why I always say **** the stars. Many of these recruiting gurus only see certain players enough to determine an accurate rating

Every teams fans feels their guys are being underrated.

But it's no coincidence that teams finishing with top ranked recruiting classes also finish as top ranked teams. Rankings aren't the end all be all, they're just an educated guess.

Think of it this way - if Bama's players have been overrated and they're stacking NC's while Miami's guys have been underrated but only stacking 8 win seasons, then Miami's problems are even bigger than we think.

Recruiting under the radar guys and keeping them a secret until late in the process? I'm down with that... Miami will not Be able to overtake Bama by spending $$$

I am fine with that. People get bent over stars especial at Wr. and I can name more bust than I can superstars. We just need to concentrate on player development not stars. That said they can't just be Golden specials.

Every teams fans feels their guys are being underrated.

But it's no coincidence that teams finishing with top ranked recruiting classes also finish as top ranked teams. Rankings aren't the end all be all, they're just an educated guess.

Think of it this way - if Bama's players have been overrated and they're stacking NC's while Miami's guys have been underrated but only stacking 8 win seasons, then Miami's problems are even bigger than we think.

I don't disagree but there are some players in this class way underrated.

Advertisement
I think Gibson and Ford are correctly rated. Definitely agree on Garvin. Carter might have a case for the 4th star too

Pete why do you feel that way on a 4th * with Ford?

Physical tools don't match production at this point. Seen him a few time live and I'm impressed with his frame and agility for his size, but production is still an important part of the evaluation process.

His raw skills are what makes him intriguing to Kool, but he's not coming in as a guy who is ready to play.

Physical tools don't match production at this point. Seen him a few time live and I'm impressed with his frame and agility for his size, but production is still an important part of the evaluation process.

His raw skills are what makes him intriguing to Kool, but he's not coming in as a guy who is ready to play.

Probably a red shirt, wouldn't you say?

He had 12 sacks this year

Advertisement
The ol' stars don't matter thread again.. and only YOUR team has 3-stars that should be 4-stars..

look at all the inflated rankings for 3 of the 4 teams in the playoff.

Not enough of these MFers watch tape. Coaches watch tape. Grind film. Personnel evaluation. X's & o's.

Where did you see that?

Advertisement
When stars were based off of film, offers and measurable's (somewhere pre 2008) and not on the amount of subscriptions teams have. Based on that this class is very under rated. I will give you a few base on the film, offers and measurable's that I think are under rated. Just kinda of inserted to see if you guys agree or if you think there is anyone else that you think is under rated base on the pre 2008 click system. If we close with the 2 big lineman this is going to be one **** of a class!

Base on 24/7 rankings

D.J. Johnson 4* should be a 5* most offered kid in the country has size and pops on film.

Donaldson 4* should Be a 5* Film is great, off season was great and has the size!

Ford 3* should be a 4* see Donaldson

Carter 3* should be a 4* Film and Size

Gibson 3* should be a 4* Film is great

Garvin 3* should be a 4* Film is awesome and size fits the bill

I feel like if any of these where going to Bama, UF, and OSU they get the other star.

If you have done your homework and reviewed film on every 4 and 5 star kid for 2017 and then compared it to those mentioned above then your opinion carries a lot of weight --or at the very least on the positions mentioned,which is still a lot of film to watch.

Where did you see that?
One of the voices in his head told him.

I would say that Alabama having NCs has more to do with the coaches they have than the "supreme" level of players that they maintain. This can be seen in the slim difference in the number of players in the NFL for each team (42 vs 37, ALA vs UM) even though there is a difference of over 40 wins since Saban took over for Alabama (118 wins for Saban led Bama teams vs 72 for Miami). Additionally, Alabama only had 67 wins in the decade before Saban arrived (had good players at times-3 10 win seasons), showing how much of a difference he has made. In college, it is more about the star power of the coach and less about the star rating of the player.

Where did you see that?

(Jeopardy music playing as We wait with great anticipation as brock digs for the details)

Advertisement
Back