There might be hope

Advertisement
"That's a really good team that beat us and it was extremely hard preparing for 3 QB's all week. They are all special and different in their own ways and made our defensive gameplan an absolute nightmare" - Al Golden around 3:40pm on Saturday

I hate rooting against us, but I feel like it's going to take losses like this for the fat man to leave.

Advertisement
I love the U and I don't just mean the football program. This program's leadership is hurting the U and costing the U lots of money. Enough.

If Kiel was fully healthy I have no doubt he would throw for about 450 yards against this "system." As it stands, he might only throw for 300.

Advertisement
CINY can roll Kiel out in a wheel chair, he is not going to get bit because our DLine is taught to play patty cake with the Oline. It is all about gap control, making plays is not important.

predicted statline for Kiel even if he plays on crutches: 25-30, 340 yards, 3 TDs, 0 Int

Folden in the postgame: "Well that kid is a heckuva player and we were able to hold him under 400 yards, which is great"

Well, we've played so many night games and then we played at noon. I think the game times have really taken a toll and we just weren't ready to play under the sun - Al Golden 10/11/14

Advertisement
Advertisement
They showed us some exotic looks that they haven't shown before and our guys didn't do a good enough job of trusting the system. It was tough to prepare for a spread passing team, coming off of the games against Nebraska, Duke and Georgia Tech. But I think the key was that the offense didn't convert enough on 3rd downs and we just didn't score enough points.

That's a really talented offensive football team over there, lead by a great coach, and we needed our offense to help out more than it did. We expected them to pass for close to 400 yards, and we're okay with that, but we've got to get more takeaways and execute better on money downs. That starts with me, and I'm going to work my tail off to get it fixed. This game didn't count in the tournament, and Duke won the division last year with 4 total losses, so we've still got a lot to play for.

"The loss is not a ACC conference game we still have a chance to win the coast" per Folden.

Joe, we still have a chance to win the Coastal, and that was always the goal. We control our own destiny. Cincinnati is a well-coached team and we just didn't execute enough to stop them. That starts with me. Joe, we've played so many night games that this noon start really hurt our kids. They have jet lag, Joe. Jet lag. But that starts with me. We are gonna get this corrected. We'll go back and watch the tape while taking international flights to reset our internal clocks.

Now, I'm not gonna lie to you, I am all out of tail, Joe. I've finally worked my tail fully off, but we aren't gonna make excuses. We were 1 for 65 on 3rd downs, but 4 for 6 on Supper Ultra Deluxe Downs when facing northwest during a crescent moon, Joe, and that says something. That's the best conversion rate during crescent moons since I've been here. So we gotta keep perspective. And that starts with me.

Advertisement
Back