There Exists A Wide Talent Gap Between FSU And Miami

Advertisement
So stars do matter huh? Going all the way back to Shannon's final year(s) while we were loading up on "hidden gems" (mainly on defense) the Noles were signing top 5 classes, and it shows on the field. They have a solid coaching staff now and a great S&C program so we can no longer rely on them ******** things up.

This class is the first one where you can say we are about even from a talent and depth standpoint. We are going to need one or two more classes like this one to catch up.

I cant believe the one glaring talent gap that nobody is mentioning. QB. If you switch QB's last night Miami wins that game. No way FSU loads the box to stop Duke if Winston is at QB. Look at the near sacks we had. No way morris gets away from any of those. Morris is a nice player but when the other teams game plan is to make you win the game is all you need to know. Our wr's were open all night. every other aspect to me is pretty even.

The difference between Miami and FSU can be found by comparing our 2011 recruiting classes:

Miami top players from 2011:

Perryman
Chickillo
Pierre
Armbrister
Dorsett
D. Crawford
R. Scott

Class rank by 247: 33rd

FSU top players from 2011:

Cornellius Carradine
Karlos Willams
Devonta Freeman
Kelvin Benjamin
Timmy Jernigan
Nick O'leary
James Wilder
Reshad Greene
Bobby Hart
Josue Matias
Tre Jackson
Tyler Hunter
Terrance Smith
Nile Lawrence-Stample

Class rank by 247: 2nd

Last edited:
Advertisement
our defense doesnt have depth yet has been on field non-stop because stupid morris cant keep the offense on the field. they havent given up alot of pts and create turnovers.

Lack of talent on the defensive side of the ball is issue, Canes will eventually work it out the kinks outt. If you were to chart areas on defense were talent is actually present.

Safety- Bush & Jenkins
Conrer- Gunter, Howard, Crawford & Burns
LBackers- Perrymen, Kirby & Figs.
DLine- Chick, McCord & Quan.

As one can see the only depth the team has is at corner.
Canes have no dominate DT yet that can open thinks up for DE and we could use 2 more studs at LB position.

Last edited:
Advertisement
carter will be a good back up next year. at lb, i think grace and figs will be very improved next year. Armbrister is not bad for a back up.

carter will be a good back up next year. at lb, i think grace and figs will be very improved next year. Armbrister is not bad for a back up.

I agree on Armbrister. I didn't mention Carter or Grace cause we have not seen what potential yet on the field yet

We are 7-0 great job by staff. Even tho we sucked up the joint v UNC and WF. Squeaking out wins v crap teams. And make no mistake....they are crap teams.Great job Dno etc. Lose.....get walloped. Its Randy fault, it was nothing to do with coaching but talent. Really....nothing to do with coaching, nothing?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back