theory on why 16 is stacked

cleveland cane

Freshman
I truely believe they are committing to the U and understand someone new will be here to bring the U back to glory and want to be part of it. They know golden is gone and truly want to be part of something special

Advertisement
Yeah Im gonna go with option B: They're 16 year old kids who are easily moved by great speakers, especially tall ones with light colored eyes.

That's an idiotic statement. Yes, if Golden does not win next year he is likely gone, but a kid wouldn't recruit to a school in anticipation of the coach getting fired. The new coach could not honor the verbal scholarship offer. If you remember this time last year, a bunch of 15' kids committed, slowly but surely, they all ended up de-committing. If Golden loses again, all these 16' kids will decommitt too.

Advertisement
It's stacked because Miami is the ultimate placeholder school for local kids looking for earlier offers from actual football programs.

I think the original maybe 6 or 7 committed here to actually be in the class.
All these other guys are just committing to hold their spot. Especially when it is a Wr or DB committing.

Committing to a dead man walking? Knowing that the school has hired 3 stiffs in a row and there will be a new president, but no one knows who it is yet. Mmnkay. Nah, they're still buying the BS, but it doesn't cost anything so why not. More likely they are holding a spot, and wait for more offers to come.

I think he told them after we suck this year. We are moving to a 4-3 attack defense. No read and react. Just kill the mf'er with the ball.

Advertisement
The 2016 class is great because it's still 2015.

This assh0leface is begging guys to commit and telling them it'll get them attention and be great for UM too. It's a no-lose situation because they can easily back out when they get the offers they really want.

Look at a guy like Rasul. When he committed, he couldn't have sounded more glum about it. He made sure to let everyone know he was still wide open. Then, when ND expressed interest in him, he practically sounded like a **** fountain. The dude was giving theology lessons in his interview about ND.

this is the real reason

Miami is the ONLY school prioritizing 16 over 15 at this moment. Miami's coaches realizes that 15 is a lost cause and so they put their eggs on the 16 basket.

problem is, once the other schools turn their attention toward 16, the Miami eggs will start getting poached.

16 will set a new record for the most number of decommits held by a school unless coaching staff changes quickly.

#commonsense

It's stacked because Miami is the ultimate placeholder school for local kids looking for earlier offers from actual football programs.

THIS! 100% correct. We are the first big program to offer. They commit until the FSUs and Alabamas of the world come calling. It's a way for them to get on the radar. We all know (and should def realize now) that these commitments are worthless.

I truely believe they are committing to the U and understand someone new will be here to bring the U back to glory and want to be part of it. They know golden is gone and truly want to be part of something special

Wrong. 2016 much like the 2015 kids last year at this time liked the coaches, yes they like Golden, there parents like what Al is selling especially kids that we jumped on early. They like the swag of the U. They see Miami kids flock to NFL. Problem is after a losing season, negative fan base, rumors, realities, multiple percieved issues surrounding the football program (some real, some not) leaves a bad taste in there mouth. That combined with heavy recruiting from more successful, winning programs, bagman, social media, other recruits many head elsewhere.

Advertisement

THIS! 100% correct. We are the first big program to offer. They commit until the FSUs and Alabamas of the world come calling. It's a way for them to get on the radar. We all know (and should def realize now) that these commitments are worthless.

Makes sense. Verbal commit to The U is conduct intended as an assertion, i.e, look at me Alabama, Auburn, and FSU!

Advertisement
Every year we start out strong. I don't think Golden has ever had a class that wasn't top 10 going into the fall. His b.s. sells well until the season starts. This class is smoke and mirrors until February '16. Golden couldn't keep a class together even if the players were on the payroll. I am bracing for a collapse that makes this one(c/o '15) seem minute.

16-year-old kids commit to their hometown school as we are usually the first to show interest. As the year unfolds, they begin to realize just how many other opportunities are out there for them. They go and see Saban's rings. They get to sit down with Meyer. Visit FSU. Etc.

Then the season unfolds and they are watching us more closely now. They start to understand just how much we suck. Just how poorly we are coached. They got every big time coach and program coming after them hard. Why would they stay home for the 7 loss team when they have schools in the top 5 coming after them?

This happens every season. It's become like Groundhog Day. Moronic fans hyping up "next year's class!" is all part of it, too.

Advertisement
Back