The Work 6-23

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
**Miami landed a commitment for the 2019 class today. National signing day 2019 is a long time away, but Jesiah Perry of Mount Dora Christian is a huge get for this staff. Perry was the most impressive prospect at Tuesday's rising 9th and 10th grader camp. I spoke with Perry and he told me that his high school team had about 12 kids on the team and he was on the field nearly every play. He is a 6-2, 210-pound linebacker and defensive prospect who is a hidden gem. His mother was in tears when the Hurricanes offered her son, she told me. She was next to her son when he committed to Coach Richt and Coach Banda and she could not have been happier. In my conversation with Jesiah, he came off as a humble, hardworking kid who has a very high chance of staying committed to Miami.

**From what I'm hearing, South Dade CB D.J. Ivey is likely Miami's next commitment. The 2018 corner was offered by the Hurricanes yesterday after coming to camp. Be on the lookout for something from him over the next couple days. On the field, this is a prospect who looks a lot like a young Artie Burns. Ivey is 6-1 with length, smooth hips in coverage, and special makeup speed. Miami offer shows you how high they are on him considering the amount of elite defensive backs in south Florida next class.

**I've mentioned this guy multiple times over the last few days because he has attended the last three camps. 2019 DE Jeramy Passmore was invited back to compete with the senior class today and I did not see him lose a rep. He is exceptional with his hands and has a great first step. He was also eager to get as much work in as possible and scooted to the front of the line as often as he could.

**I posted on the recruiting board a couple weeks ago that Miami was trending up with Anthony McFarland. I continue to hear positive things for the Hurricanes chances, but that doesn't mean a commitment could necessarily be coming soon. I still view Alabama as a larger threat than the hometown Maryland Terrapins. The Crimson Tide really want him.

**At this point, I would almost be surprised if Maurice Smith didn't end up at Miami. The Alabama grad transfer corner has a previous relationship with Manny Diaz from when he was the number-1 ranked corner in the state of Texas coming out of high school and Diaz was the defensive coordinator at UT. Safeties coach Ephraim Banda was also a GA at Texas when they were recruited Smith. Like I posted last night, he has indicated to Canes coaches that Miami is where he wants to be, but of course whenever there is a transfer situation, a process needs to be carried out. No timetable on when this would officially go through but Smith would be a great get for the Canes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
tumblr_nbk81f42K31qh1kd5o1_500.gif

great write up Peter.

Go Canes

[video=youtube;feRnWSvwljY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feRnWSvwljY[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
Thanks Pete, great write up.. I do wish there was 2017 class news though. Wasn't today the senior day camp?

One more camp coming up with some elite prospects in state and out of state attending.

Paradise Camp - July 15th & 16th

Keep your eyes peeled for that one.

Advertisement
I'm pretty sure that last camp is invite only kinda like Dawg Night Coach Richt started at UGA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we pull the OT from Baylor...that really makes me settle into a 10 win season..
Kudos to this staff filling in wholes and making something out of nothing...
Amazing...we are not even done I look for more moves in the summer

Advertisement
Back