The Work 6-12

Advertisement
I get so sick and tired of this GAYturd stalking our site. What are you going to say? That your school has been involved in recruiting violations for the past 15 years.

Do something productive with your time. Go create a *** **** Gainesville themed website so you and those like you can gather and whack off to Tim Tebows pics.

We needed a Work with some positivity.

Gimme JJ and TI, and I'm feeling much better about things.

Disappointed about Trayone Gray. We can't lose studs like him. He's the most physical and hard nosed "athlete" we signed! Feeling confident with J Johnson, Irvin and C. Davis, but disappointed BTW can't deliver D. Davis and Calloway. Pete can you or staff one day do a report on DT's we at least offering and got at least a 40% chance with? I'm sensing that's because there are no quality DT's that have us that high. **** Mannn!

Advertisement
other schools hire a hs coach and the kids follow that coach to his university, we hire ice and his players are leaning to uf. I'm in the "don't worry about things until signing day" camp and I'm sure there's plenty of time for our coaches to sit down and sell playing time to these kids.

the two kids mentioned werent coached by Ice. There Homestead transplants...that had connection to uf through Ermon Lane.

So Burr was right. Irvin and Johnson in Miami for single-day mid-week visits followed up by spending an entire weekend at UF.

We getting worked.

Johnson and Irvin have both visited Miami unofficially upwards of 10 times by now, so I would look at that as a positive.

Nothing positive about them spending a weekend together at UF with a guy (TRob) who has worked us over pretty good.

T-Rob about to get Joker'd

*insert BOOM gif*

LOL @ Fenton not having an offer. That wait and see approach is so stupid considering we hand out offer like candy at these **** camps. Except we hand them out as participation rewards for the ones who flew down from the northeast.

LOL @ Fenton not having an offer. That wait and see approach is so stupid considering we hand out offers like candy after signing day when we can't close for ****. Except we hand them out as participation rewards for the ones who flew down from the northeast.

Advertisement
LOL @ Fenton not having an offer. That wait and see approach is so stupid considering we hand out offer like candy at these **** camps. Except we hand them out as participation rewards for the ones who flew down from the northeast.

Why exactly should they be in a rush to offer Fenton? No one who matters thinks he is a top tier player. His offers say as much. The kid is everyone's back up plan at this point. Miami shouldn't be any different. Specifically with who they are targeting. The two camp offers from the northeast the last two cycles that have committed that I remember are Jenkins and Feder. All the other northeast commits got there offers in another way. We haven't been so willing to hand out camp offers since really the 2013 cycle. Not such a rush to load up the roster in fear of sanctions.

other schools hire a hs coach and the kids follow that coach to his university, we hire ice and his players are leaning to uf. I'm in the "don't worry about things until signing day" camp and I'm sure there's plenty of time for our coaches to sit down and sell playing time to these kids.

the two kids mentioned werent coached by Ice. There Homestead transplants...that had connection to uf through Ermon Lane.

Exactly. Ice will make sure Walton sticks

but not all of it is correct. Davante Davis does NOT have UF leading. I went to the last couple of his events and know his coaches and people close to this situation. What your saying is inaccurate.. Calloway on the other hand, UF may have a small advantage right now . I will say this, Miami is doing a CRAPPY job of recruiting Davante Davis. They are recruiting him like an after thought. As a field corner, only Cole is in his league. Not McFadden not Davis (they are looking at him as a CB) not anyone. This kid is special.

Pete,

Any word on whether or not we can get back in the mix with Burgess-Becker and Ridley?

but not all of it is correct. Davante Davis does NOT have UF leading. I went to the last couple of his events and know his coaches and people close to this situation. What your saying is inaccurate.. Calloway on the other hand, UF may have a small advantage right now . I will say this, Miami is doing a CRAPPY job of recruiting Davante Davis. They are recruiting him like an after thought. As a field corner, only Cole is in his league. Not McFadden not Davis (they are looking at him as a CB) not anyone. This kid is special.

Pete,

Any word on whether or not we can get back in the mix with Burgess-Becker and Ridley?

so who would you say does lead? he is a cant miss prospect IMO

Advertisement

Why exactly should they be in a rush to offer Fenton? No one who matters thinks he is a top tier player. His offers say as much. The kid is everyone's back up plan at this point. Miami shouldn't be any different. Specifically with who they are targeting. The two camp offers from the northeast the last two cycles that have committed that I remember are Jenkins and Feder. All the other northeast commits got there offers in another way. We haven't been so willing to hand out camp offers since really the 2013 cycle. Not such a rush to load up the roster in fear of sanctions.

Its more of a an observation than anything and it is very frustrating. During the actual recruiting cycle we are picky on giving offers to certain players that many of the fans not only feel deserve an offer but in cases like Skai, without a doubt needed an offer. Now that in itself is fine, **** happens, but the stuff that drives people nuts is that we will offer kids way way worse after NSD, just to fill a spot......

Golden is playing with fire with this DB class, its funny cause now everyone sees what I seen at the start of the year (not calling out names but for everyone who told me it doesn't matter to offer D.Davis, McFadden, Hoggins,and Brewton), south florida dbs are going elsewhere by the minute and we might not end up getting any in the end. We have serious ground to make up but anything can happen in recruiting. A big part will be winning, outside resources, and official visits.

I might catch heat for this, but I'm not a big Fenton fan. I saw him play at the FIU referee clinic and I was not impressed. He got beat several times by Frank Battle, the tall receiver from Belen Jesuit. He was consistently getting/staying blocked by players much smaller than him. He made a few nice plays, but he also look pretty bad at times too. I know I see a Miami caliber kid when his presence is clearly felt. He looked like a regular player, with an above average body type.

Advertisement
Saw Fenton today, bigger then I expected, but still a talented corner. Some of you guys mentioned it before, but Miami's playing with fire with these corners. Antonio Howard, Fenton, Khalid McGee, and Gerald Robinson are all talented guys who would jump on Miami offers, but they refuse to budge.

Saw Fenton today, bigger then I expected, but still a talented corner. Some of you guys mentioned it before, but Miami's playing with fire with these corners. Antonio Howard, Fenton, Khalid McGee, and Gerald Robinson are all talented guys who would jump on Miami offers, but they refuse to budge.

I understand the strategy to an extent if they're confident they'll land higher caliber players at the position, i.e. if they're somehow able to flip Lewis from UF and/or Cole from FSU.

But it's the inconsistency that's strange to me. They won't extend a committable offer to any of the in-state corners you mentioned, but they accepted commitments from Mahoney and Gauthier along the OL. They also accepted Gaudinier's commitment, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that he could get squeezed out of the class if they land Coney and Sheppard (unlikely, but still) to go along with Perry.

Consistency across the board shouldn't be too much to ask.

I've seen this movie before

Advertisement
Back