The Work 12-6

View as article
Pete, nice work.

Who would you say McFarland compares to?

Dalvin Cook. But faster and more elusive.

I'm sorry but don't believe it. So he is Delvon cook but better? Come on man

pete - He aint no cook..!

This is a great site and all but...

saying stuff like that makes ppl question your Credibility......

I agree it is a silly comparison but where did Pete compare McFarland to Cook?

Advertisement
Receiver recruiting is very concerning. I am having flashbacks of the last 2 staffs. I hope Pete is correct that MR has this covered.

Difference is, you have a track record of elite recruiting with Richt.

Can't say that for Golden and Shannon, who you were just hoping they knew what they were doing.

But not at WR. Outside of AJ Green UGA never had impressive WRs. Behind him who's the best to come out of UGA at WR under Richt, Malcolm Mitchell?

Besides the two you mentioned, there are 5 others on NFL rosters that played for Richt. Marlon Brown, Chris Conley, Kris Durham, Tavarres King, Jonathon Rumph.

I don't get people saying we have 1 WR right now. Deejay Dallas is just as likely to play WR as he is DB. It's simple, the staff will assess where we need him most and put him there. If we don't finish with Smith or Jeudy or some other unknown top WR, that would mean he is needed at WR. And also if we don't get any other WRs that probably also means Dingle will remain in this class. So I count 3 WRs if nothing changes. But the fact of the matter is if Cager steps up this year, our WR situation will be fine. The only difference in WRs from last yr to this yr is we lose Coley but add Cager. And Richards, Berrios, Dayall, are all 1 yr more experienced. So while WR recruiting certainly isn't great its isn't the end of the world like some of you are acting. Also WR is probably the easiest position other then maybe RB to succeed in as a freshman.

OL and DB recruiting is way more important this yr Imo. And the way the OL class is shaping up with the staff at least semi-confident they land Herbert and Slaton, the OL class could be elite this yr, which is critical to our success the next few yrs. And I don't think its a big assumption to predict us at least landing Dean and Collier, and most likely Edwards. Now Dean is the important one here as he can step right in and start. Bandy might also be able to lock down the nickel position. And if that happens that would mean this DB class is at least good enough to bridge the gap to the 2018 class. Id still expect a grad transfer at DB though.

I think this class is overall good. We have missed out on some elite guys, but we also landed a few of them. Perry could easily be our starting QB. Donaldson could be our LT of the future and a potential rd 1 pick. Mcfarland will immediately fight for PT. This DL class is looking like a bunch of savages, especially if coach Kul gets one of these national guys hes recruiting. LB we don't even have to worry about for another 3 yrs.

All in all not bad. I really don't get all the doom and gloom around here.

Last edited:
Dugans made Lewis serviceable by the end of the year. And obviously we all saw the type of years Richards and Coley had. Obviously you need to land the elite guys eventually, but at least we can point to the on field production. I think the same can be said for CBs and Rumph.

I've seen the current players actually get coached up down the stretch, so I'm willing to give the staff a chance off the field as well. There's two months left, lets see what they do.

Advertisement
Do you think Evidence Njoku is on pace to be a TE like David? I see a very similar path. RS his Frosh year to bulk up a bit then become a TE.

Man, if he can stay at WR, I LOVE that! He would be a lock for 6 on the fade to the corner!

Advertisement
Dalvin Cook. But faster and more elusive.

I'm sorry but don't believe it. So he is Delvon cook but better? Come on man

It was obviously a joke. Idk why ppl are taking it seriously. Faster & more elusive then Cook really can't exist at this level.

It's a sad state of affairs around here if there are posters who can't see the sarcasm in OhioCanes post and who believe McFarland runs a 3.8. Get a hold of yourselves. Take a few deep breaths before posting or keep doing it, just remember to wipe the drool off your keyboard when you're finished. Carry on.

Go Canes!

Not side tracking Petes thread, but a couple tidbits that will be of interest is Ga will have several players leaving at year end due to Kirbys public downgrading ****ing both players and families off. There are two players that will be transferring to Miami and will have to sit a year. Can say that one is a 4 star DB out of HS and do not know other. Todd Hartley on staff knows who they are. That's all I know now, but will mention that I posted on here about Holloman first and got blasted. Since I mentioned him will tell the rest of story, the little commitment video he did with the other recruit was planned the week before open visit week and was actually filmed at Fromm the QB recruits house. So yes Canes coaches got played on that one.

Not side tracking Petes thread, but a couple tidbits that will be of interest is Ga will have several players leaving at year end due to Kirbys public downgrading ****ing both players and families off. There are two players that will be transferring to Miami and will have to sit a year. Can say that one is a 4 star DB out of HS and do not know other. Todd Hartley on staff knows who they are. That's all I know now, but will mention that I posted on here about Holloman first and got blasted. Since I mentioned him will tell the rest of story, the little commitment video he did with the other recruit was planned the week before open visit week and was actually filmed at Fromm the QB recruits house. So yes Canes coaches got played on that one.

Rico mcgraw db originally from Tennessee. Knows corn

Thanks for info. Really wish we didn't have to take transfers unless they can help NOW. 2018 is loaded, especially at DB. But what do I know (not much)

Advertisement

Thanks for the info, didn't know there was internal dissatisfaction with Kirby. Great news on the transfers, hopefully Kirby allows it though.

Would be interesting - Rico played with Corn at Ensworth in Nashville. Thought we had an outside shot when he was in HS

That's a God **** name right there.

Starring Brock Landers
Featuring Rick McGraw

Advertisement
I don't get people saying we have 1 WR right now. Deejay Dallas is just as likely to play WR as he is DB. It's simple, the staff will assess where we need him most and put him there. If we don't finish with Smith or Jeudy or some other unknown top WR, that would mean he is needed at WR. And also if we don't get any other WRs that probably also means Dingle will remain in this class. So I count 3 WRs if nothing changes. But the fact of the matter is if Cager steps up this year, our WR situation will be fine. The only difference in WRs from last yr to this yr is we lose Coley but add Cager. And Richards, Berrios, Dayall, are all 1 yr more experienced. So while WR recruiting certainly isn't great its isn't the end of the world like some of you are acting. Also WR is probably the easiest position other then maybe RB to succeed in as a freshman.

OL and DB recruiting is way more important this yr Imo. And the way the OL class is shaping up with the staff at least semi-confident they land Herbert and Slaton, the OL class could be elite this yr, which is critical to our success the next few yrs. And I don't think its a big assumption to predict us at least landing Dean and Collier, and most likely Edwards. Now Dean is the important one here as he can step right in and start. Bandy might also be able to lock down the nickel position. And if that happens that would mean this DB class is at least good enough to bridge the gap to the 2018 class. Id still expect a grad transfer at DB though.

I think this class is overall good. We have missed out on some elite guys, but we also landed a few of them. Perry could easily be our starting QB. Donaldson could be our LT of the future and a potential rd 1 pick. Mcfarland will immediately fight for PT. This DL class is looking like a bunch of savages, especially if coach Kul gets one of these national guys hes recruiting. LB we don't even have to worry about for another 3 yrs.

All in all not bad. I really don't get all the doom and gloom around here.

+10000 WR is about 8 million on the list of priorities. I'd take a small class of Njoku, Dingle, and Harley, if it means we get Slaton, Herbert, Dean, Edwards, and Conliffe. You'd be a fool not to.

Championships are not won on the backs of WRs. They are won on the OL and with elite pass efficiency defense.

So we can't sell play time bc we return a front 4? Blasphemy- any stud DL would get in the deep from day 1. Moten, Jenkins, and Willis are average at best. Chad is average at best. It's Mac, Norton, JJ and the rest.are either jags or unproven.

No other way to say but WR and CB recruiting is as bad as I've seen it here. We have zero WR, CBs and OL. The depth chart is wide open. The staff isn't doing something right.

We have Deejay, Bandy, Carter, and are going to close with Collier, Edwards, and Dean- take a xan my dude

Thats a food haul of dbs something AG could never do my biggest thing is wr though

Im assuming we get the ol and rb pete said. If we dont close with what he said its a disaster but i trust pete so time will tell

Receiver recruiting is very concerning. I am having flashbacks of the last 2 staffs. I hope Pete is correct that MR has this covered.

Difference is, you have a track record of elite recruiting with Richt.

Can't say that for Golden and Shannon, who you were just hoping they knew what they were doing.

But not at WR. Outside of AJ Green UGA never had impressive WRs. Behind him who's the best to come out of UGA at WR under Richt, Malcolm Mitchell?

Im glad you pointed this out because I haven't seen it discussed at all. Richt didn't really have ballers at WR while at Georgia. He is a run first head coach. We will have ballers at RB and play great defense to win games unless he changes his approach. I would be happy with one elite WR per class because that is better than he did at Georgia.

Advertisement
Back