The Work 12-6

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
Devonta Smith is nuts if he goes to LSU.

Ed Orgeron is going to be a complete disaster. When has a position coach who was promoted from a failed staff ever succeeded? Orgeron may be a good "recruiter"; however, he is a maniac and will be a terrible head coach.

Do you think Evidence Njoku is on pace to be a TE like David? I see a very similar path. RS his Frosh year to bulk up a bit then become a TE.

Advertisement
I wouldn't pencil Conliffe in just yet, but Miami will be a player

Hey pete ilovelamp asked a good question yesterday in that chat thread but u didnt answer it. How do these kids view us now with this new staff are we still a joke r they playing us?

Canes fans are worried and I understand why, but it does not make ANY sense to me that this staff would just be sitting around waiting and not offering other possible options. Miami sources have told me for months that they’ve been on commits to other schools for a while and they’ve kept it under wraps until recently.
For example, look at Jhavonte Dean (Alabama), Echols (USC), Cyrus ***an (FSU), and even recently Corey Gaynor, who flipped from Minnesota. It is highly possible that the same can be said about the receiver position.

It's similar to what's happening at offensive line with the Heritage kids (Kai-Leon Herbert and Tedarrell Slaton) and part of my reasoning for being so confident on them along with other things I've heard. We know Miami needs offensive linemen more than anything, but if Miami coaches felt like they were in big trouble, we would see them scrambling and sending out offers left and right or even making a stronger push for Kadeem Telfort. The same logic applies at wide receiver, where they seem to be holding firm on the same names that have been on the radar.

The fans are shell shocked from over a decade of losing these recruiting battles.

Undoubtedly Richt was a great recruiter at Georgia and I'm sure he knows what he's doing. Until he wins these battles and lands these guys at Miami the fan base is always going to be skeptical.

Last edited:
Advertisement
[MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION] richt said yesterday on joe rose they have a couple of backs committed. Did mcfarland already tell them he was coming?

Advertisement
Name to watch at WR, Gavin Holmes. Texas kid decommitted from duke and most recently Iowa. Coaches just started following him on twitter. Texas also going for him.

Advertisement
Back