The Work 12-4

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
**Although Dalvin Cook signing his financial aid agreement papers along with Joseph Yearby and Trevor Darling does not guarantee anything, it is a power move by the ‘Canes coaching staff. The coaching staff can now have unlimited contact with Cook and Al Golden can do a few more in-home visits if he wishes. I’m told that the coaching staff sees this as an opportunity to make a statement. They believe that Dalvin Cook has such a huge pull down here with other recruits (not just this class) that pairing him with Joe Yearby (another local legend) would take local recruiting to another level over the next few years. Miami getting 3 kids from Booker T. Washington and 3 from Miami Central in a year they might be the top two high school teams in the country would me monumental. I’m also told that James Coley felt very good after meeting with Cook. Cook signed an agreement with FSU as well.

**Speaking of Coley, he flew out to California last night to visit prized QB recruit Brad Kaaya. Brad and his mother both told me the meeting went extremely well and Kaaya issued this statement: “In-home visit with Coley went very good. All of mine and my parents’ questions were answered. We addressed all areas. Coach enjoyed my mom’s cooking too.”

I will have a full interview with him later this week.

**In an interesting turn of events, it looks like Miami has thrown their hat back into the ring for Ermon Lane. A Homestead coach told me tonight that Miami has started to call him again recently about Lane. I asked him if he thought Miami is back in it for his player and he said, “Yeah now that Cook is involved.” It’s obvious that Cook and Lane have built a bond through being UF commits, so this could get very interesting.

**Braxton Berrios will be receiving his in-home with Al Golden tomorrow night. Berrios told me tonight that he has been texting with Johnnie Dixon lately and that he feels like the ‘Canes are in good position to land Dixon’s commitment this weekend. It’s encouraging that the Palm Beach product is in contact with his potential future QB (Kaaya) and one of his position mates.

**Miami was in Atlanta today visiting Chris Herndon. He could have an increased level of importance in this class if Derrick Griffin does not qualify.

**There is talk that Ryheem Lockley has done enough to qualify for January after a semester at Prep school. This would be sort of an unexpected boost to the class.

**There was a rumor posted today that Sony Michel was on a visit to Miami, but I looked into that and it is not true. Michel was in school and at practice.

Advertisement
Starting to feel really good about Kaaya. I have felt that he would stick, but there was uncertainty. That uncertainty is starting to fade.

117.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't let Lane visit this weekend (if he wanted to that is).

No way would I risk him recruiting for UF.

Great news on cook! Unlike alot of people I would like to have lane be a cane. What position does the staff see Lockley as?

Advertisement
Back