The Work 1-26

Pete,

Now that we offered Fenton what are the chances we offer a guy like Talan? What's your evaluation of Talan?

Advertisement
So it is confirmed now. Fenton has an offer.

That. I like.

Now Talan please.u

Upshur is the type of weapon Allison is going to need at TE in the future.

Yes!!!
As a Hurricane i say yes too and the lb at central...as a parent don't overload...sorta like how Cronk was feeling... from my research when Shaq gets there it will be 14 lbs on campus thats a lot already....bringing in more is overkill...

I think there will be 11-14 in total but a lot of guys don't play the same position as Shaq. Demetrius jacksom, AQM, patchan, trent harris, etc. are all edge guys that are basically de/lb hybrids. We are definitely thin at lb right now

That. I like.

Now Talan please.u

Yes!!!
As a Hurricane i say yes too and the lb at central...as a parent don't overload...sorta like how Cronk was feeling... from my research when Shaq gets there it will be 14 lbs on campus thats a lot already....bringing in more is overkill...

14 seems like a lot, you must be counting all the OLB/DE hybrids. As of now, we have shown that we only have 1 of those guys on the field at once which opens up 2-3 spots for tradition LBers. In that regard we are very thin, its actually one of the biggest needs on the team.

Once Shaq gets there we will only have Grace, Young, Owens, and Perry if we don't add anyone else this year. Still don't know how we will use Smith or McCray but they were more pass rushers in HS then 3 down LBers.

Looks like Kyle beat me to it.

"Measurables" includes speed, btw. Not the first time you or other writers for this site have mis-used it. Fine when it´just a random poster, but not you or the other members of staff.

Advertisement

That. I like.

Now Talan please.u

Yes!!!

Grace - SR
Young - JR
Owens - JR
Perry - SO
Gordinier - rsFR
McCray - rsSO
Gayot - rsSO or JR

Smith more of a tweener, pass rusher/DE - rsSO

Then the 2016 group

Your son Shaq, Zach and Mike

So realistically 7 as I consider Smith a DE, we would have on the current roster when your son enrolls next January at Miami. Not sure yet if Gordinier outgrows LB as well.

Unless you are considering DJack, Patchan, AQM, Harris but they are more of a DE than a linebacker. Just situationally used as pass rusher standing up in 3-4.

We need the depth sorely at LB and to have some of those guys play special teams as well where we need help.

Must take into account that transfers and injuries happen all the time so the depth and players can change. As well as players who might not pan out.

If they pass on Talan. We'll have to get over that hump as fans and deal with it.

Donovan Thompson from Central in 2016, the only issue is that he is a bit undersized. About 5'10" maybe pushing 5'11" but he is a very instinctive, smart player at linebacker. Who Miami has thrived on in the past with guys like that. Would I be happy with the current TRIO of 2016? **** yeah I would be stoked, but we do need more.

Last edited:

That. I like.

Now Talan please.u

Yes!!!

Bruh, you have nothing to worry about. Shaq will be the ILB in training the moment he steps on campus. He will replace RKirby. I think he and Juwon Young will be manning the middle. When it comes to "true" LBs we are very thin. And I don't think we get Brightwell or Barry. So as of now, we are paper thin.

Advertisement
Poppa Shaq as others mentioned. You have nothing to worry about.

We really don't have many true or natural LB's outside of Grace, Owens, Young and Perry returning in 2016.

If Shaq, Zach and Mike come in with head on right, focused and ready. They can work their selves into the two deep as freshman. Literally.

It still remains to be seen how

How Gayot adjusts to LB.

If McCray can even develop into more than just a pass rusher.

If Smith can even develop into more than just a pass rusher as well as he is nowhere close to being a MLB. Or if he ends up at DE.

Where Gordinier position will be. He can easily outgrow linebacker.

All 4 I listed are projects/situational players at the most at this point. Not putting them down but that is the truth of the matter moving forward.

Last edited:
So I guess the news about Fenton getting in offer is indicative that Marcus Lewis may not be leaning towards Miami?

Advertisement
I'm going to assume the visit with Torrance Gibson next weekend holds no weight and we still have zero chance of signing him?

Advertisement
Fenton should have an offer regardless if Lewis comes to Miami or not.

Good **** Pedro. Thanks for the write up. I'm really intrigued to see what happens in the next week and a half. What do our class #'s look like? How many are we left to possibly take?

Advertisement
Back