The Washington Generals of Pirates

Earnest T. Bass

Sophomore
Even if you gave Mike Leach an eye patch, sword, wooden leg and a parrot on his shoulder…HE IS NOT A PIRATE!!

Unless of course your definition of a Pirate is someone who seemingly always finds a way to lose games he should have won by 30 points.

He’s the Washington Generals of Pirates!

Al Golden will win an NCAA Football National Championship before Leach does.

For those who continue to remind Canes fan at how we could have had Mike “The Pirate” Leach…STOP IT!

Every time I read those slobbering Mike Leach love letters by various Canes fans I am reminded how lucky we were to have dodged that bullet.

I guess it could have been worse… “Big Game Bob Stoops” coaching the “U”!

Go Canes! Beat Georgia Tech!

Advertisement
Even if you gave Mike Leach an eye patch, sword, wooden leg and a parrot on his shoulder…HE IS NOT A PIRATE!!

Unless of course your definition of a Pirate is someone who seemingly always finds a way to lose games he should have won by 30 points.

For those who continue to remind Canes fan at how we could have had Mike “The Pirate” Leach…STOP IT!

Every time I read those slobbering Mike Leach love letters by various Canes fans I am reminded how lucky we were to have dodged that bullet.

But...Donald Trump wanted him to coach us...!

Lost credibility with saying Folden would win championship before any coach. Also, big game Bob is very similar to Richt in a lot of ways. Tenured at the same program beyond normalcy, winning 9-10 games a year and getting top 10 recruiting classes regularly but not winning the big games. I hope the tides have turned with this win over FSU, even though they are not at their usual level, don't get me wrong I was there on the 50 yard line Miami side, going HAM and I'm still elated. We definitely need to build depth and in South Florida, he has a much better opportunity, must keep this class. Sometimes, especially after these long tenures, a change is exactly what these great/just short of elite coaches need. I think Bob could do very well in a different situation as well and let's not forget, he won a title.

And?

I have a lot of respect for leach and other coaches who manage to win with scheme. Ultimately their teams are like the undersized mid-majors that make a run deep in the NCAA basketball tournament whose wins are predicated on being scrappy and hitting 3s: at some point you go cold and those teams can't survive a shooting slump because they are out-manned.

Richt is building a duke/unc/Kentucky of football. The scheme may be more conservative and less innovative, but once the shelves are full we will win on consistency and talent. If you look at the national champions the past 20 years how many have won on scheme and how many have won on talent and execution?

Advertisement

And?

Ummm...he made money in real estate in NYC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And?

Ummm...he made money in real estate in NYC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ummmm....He beat an Enabler of Sexual Predators!

I have a lot of respect for leach and other coaches who manage to win with scheme. Ultimately their teams are like the undersized mid-majors that make a run deep in the NCAA basketball tournament whose wins are predicated on being scrappy and hitting 3s: at some point you go cold and those teams can't survive a shooting slump because they are out-manned.

Richt is building a duke/unc/Kentucky of football. The scheme may be more conservative and less innovative, but once the shelves are full we will win on consistency and talent. If you look at the national champions the past 20 years how many have won on scheme and how many have won on talent and execution?

Dude was playing a ****** Cal team. How the **** was his team outmanned? They got out played and out coached. I like Leach the human, because he’s intelligent and weird. But I don’t like Leach the coach. He always finds ways to lose games because he thinks he’s smarter than everyone. Wouldn’t mind sitting and having a couple beers with him. Have never wanted him to come to Miami to coach, will never want him to coach at Miami.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back