The U part 2

Butch Davis is the answer.

Are you hearing anything new? I doubt our idiotic AD and BOT would hire Butch Davis again.

He's not considered unhirable but unfortunately that doesn't matter too much right now. A change is not coming this year unless Al decides to leave which is/was a possibility.

Paul Dimare likes Butch. So long as that's the case, he's on the table.

Don't do dat **** to me bro

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];2107511 said:
Honestly its hard to even read that.

I was so desperate for Miami to be back that I totally bought into golden lies. Reading this just makes me realize how bad we are. We have the talent in our back yard to be a contender every year and we just waste it. Its ****ing depressing.

A lot of heads blame al which it's his fault to but it's the ads fault it's the talent too. People say we have the talent I don't think we do to me, if Butch coaches the whole DLiNE and OL might transfer and linebackers. Sfla kids keep leaving we will keep losing it's that simple.

If Butch was hired befored National Signing day, I guarantee the 2015 recruiting class will shape up into a top 15 class immediately and some big names we're missing on would flip to us. If Butch was allowed to coach this 2014 team going into 2015...we would win the Coastal immediately. FSU reign of terror would come back down to earth. The fence would be restored. The fence is up now, don't get me wrong...unfortunately, it's just not our fence and Golden is on the outside looking in. Golden leaves and Shalalah leaves w/ Butch coming in and the U will be back immediately.

Lol at the fence is up now u r smokin bruh. **** no that fence been broken down since Butch left.

I'm so looking forward to this. For all the people in their early to mid 20's like myself this is going to be something really special. We didn't get the heyday of Miami football, all we have are distant memories of butch davis building the greatest team ever and then....mediocrity. This is essentially just going to be about all the reasons I fell in love with this team as a child.

I was so desperate for Miami to be back that I totally bought into golden lies. Reading this just makes me realize how bad we are. We have the talent in our back yard to be a contender every year and we just waste it. Its ****ing depressing.

A lot of heads blame al which it's his fault to but it's the ads fault it's the talent too. People say we have the talent I don't think we do to me, if Butch coaches the whole DLiNE and OL might transfer and linebackers. Sfla kids keep leaving we will keep losing it's that simple.

We dont have national title talent but we have top 20 talent. We should be in the top 25 every year

And its a lot of peoples fault for the position we are in. . Miami isn't a poor school but they act like its impossible for us to pay a good coach. It makes absolutely no sense.

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];2107537 said:

We dont have national title talent but we have top 20 talent. We should be in the top 25 every year

And its a lot of peoples fault for the position we are in. . Miami isn't a poor school but they act like its impossible for us to pay a good coach. It makes absolutely no sense.

I agree we have top 20 talent

Are you hearing anything new? I doubt our idiotic AD and BOT would hire Butch Davis again.

He's not considered unhirable but unfortunately that doesn't matter too much right now. A change is not coming this year unless Al decides to leave which is/was a possibility.

You think we would take the chance i cant see it?

Don't do dat **** to me bro

Trust me. I want him back as bad as anyone else and giving false hope just lets me down too.

Advertisement

I'll phrase it this way.

For it to happen, a lot of dominos would need to fall. He would not be the first choice. There's some people who still dislike him from how he left the school in 2001. The UNC debacle will stain him no matter what.

It could happen, but it is a long way down the pipeline from happening. The job isn't even open right now so conjecture isn't possible right now but I do think under the right combination of circumstances we would take the chance.

I'll phrase it this way.

For it to happen, a lot of dominos would need to fall. He would not be the first choice. There's some people who still dislike him from how he left the school in 2001. The UNC debacle will stain him no matter what.

It could happen, but it is a long way down the pipeline from happening. The job isn't even open right now so conjecture isn't possible right now but I do think under the right combination of circumstances we would take the chance.

We need more heads on the inside to push it and show his evals skills especially at unc.

I'll phrase it this way.

We need more heads on the inside to push it and show his evals skills especially at unc.

Bringing up UNC as little as possible would probably help more. It would be more prudent to just mention guys in the NFL that he evaluated and maybe try our best to skim over where they went to college.

Al Golden to Wisconsin on Friday. Butch Davis announced as HC for Miami on Sat. before THE U PART 2. :fistbump:

Advertisement
Al Golden to Wisconsin on Friday. Butch Davis announced as HC for Miami on Sat. before THE U PART 2. :fistbump:
Anybody that's been a fan and watched this program for the last decade knows this won't happen. Seriously has anything good happened to our program in 10-12 yrs? I can't fathom the pure joy I would feel if this happened. Unfortunately don't believe it will.

"What if I told you that the SECOND era of Butch Davis was about to begin at The U..."

"What if I told you that the SECOND era of Butch Davis was about to begin at The U..."

weirdestboner.jpg

Advertisement
So The U Part 2 shows the cycle and leaves us in a similar spot to the late 90's right before the run with Golden going through what Butch went through, of course not exactly but similar.

Advertisement
Back