The U needs dt's bad

bigdaddiee

Recruit
I would come out of retirement and play some d but at 43 it's probably not a good idea. I do have my eligibility but how would it look showing up these young boys. Measurable's 6-5 290 and I run a 4.9 and I don't accept loooooosing . Even us old school cane fans who never played college ball are better athletes then what big al recruits. If any hs stud was looking to start at dt as a true freshman this would be the place to come because we have nothing. I know will kill big al but if we had some dt's we could compete even with all his faults

Advertisement
I would come out of retirement and play some d but at 43 it's probably not a good idea. I do have my eligibility but how would it look showing up these young boys. Measurable's 6-5 290 and I run a 4.9 and I don't accept loooooosing . Even us old school cane fans who never played college ball are better athletes then what big al recruits. If any hs stud was looking to start at dt as a true freshman this would be the place to come because we have nothing. I know will kill big al but if we had some dt's we could compete even with all his faults

I'd like to beat a huge wager on that.....and best believe I'm betting against U

I'd like to beat a huge wager on that.....and best believe I'm betting against U

I'll get some of that action as well.

Wyche, Huertelou, Moten, Jenkins, McIntosh, Fines.... Best group we've had in many years. I'm more worried about DE and LB, especially pass rushers. And all those DBs out there who committed to other programs. Got to land someone other than Quan.

That doesnt change the fact that UM needs more D tackles on the roster and it doesnt appear that any of the elite kids coming out want to play for al's dorito shell scheme.

Advertisement
wyche and hurt are seniors. I am not worried about passing rushing lb's because we dont rush the pass lol. we have owens, grace, smith, d jax.

Wyche, Huertelou, Moten, Jenkins, McIntosh, Fines.... Best group we've had in many years.

Names. Not much more than that, with a couple of exceptions. The first two are particularly scary. Wyche shouldn't be in this program. He plays little and deserves less. Heurtelou gives a good effort but is simply not athletic enough. No upside there.

It doesn't matter if it's technically a better group than we've had. That position regulates the defense against competent foes, whether they are run or pass oriented or balanced. As long as our best recruits are edge types they'll continue to be wasted and mostly irrelevant due to weakness in the middle.

Wyche, Huertelou, Moten, Jenkins, McIntosh, Fines.... Best group we've had in many years. I'm more worried about DE and LB, especially pass rushers. And all those DBs out there who committed to other programs. Got to land someone other than Quan.

Dude you can't be serious! Wyche can't move! Huertelou is a decent DT nothing special. Jenkins we'll see this year. McIntosh not heavy or strong enough. I he or Fines forced into action then its not going to be good. DT is and has been code red for us.

All I'm saying is that DT is less of a problem now with Fines and McIntosh coming in, and that we have other holes on the defense we need to fill/replace more urgently. If we can find another good DT to bring in, then great. But with only 5 or so more schollies to give, I would only take a guy that is outstanding.

Advertisement
I'm just worried about the scheme....more concerned about that than the players.

I don't understand how some programs can stack DTs 4,5,6 deep at the position. Of course it is about getting talent and developing talent, it just does not seem as if Miami can even get or keep enough bodies to solidify the position.

Which again is mind boggling, given the lack of bodies that Miami has. Playing time is available, yet no one (viable) wants it.

Miami has two 2015 DT's under evaluation ( cough cough, giving them the slow play) that I like; both are legit 6'3" 300+ lbs very athletic for their size and can each bench over 400lbs. All of which is what you want in a two gap dlinemen along with long arms.

So there are Plan C guys out their if UM misses on DT Greene from California ( which I think we do) and NT Kendrick Norton.

Go Canes

Last edited:
I don't understand how some programs can stack DTs 4,5,6 deep at the position. Of course it is about getting talent and developing talent, it just does not seem as if Miami can even get or keep enough bodies to solidify the position.

Which again is mind boggling, given the lack of bodies that Miami has. Playing time is available, yet no one (viable) wants it.

We are stacked 4 deep at DT. For two positions, and in many 3-4 snaps only 1 position, we have nine guys Wyche, Huertelou, Moten, Jenkins, McIntosh, Fines, Hamilton, King and Moore. Chad can play 3-tech if needed, too. The issue is that there are no disruptive players in that list, just several decent ACC-level players. And those last 3 guys may never contribute quality snaps.

Advertisement
If there were a few academic exceptions to made this year here is kid that UM needs to contact. 2015 NT Jauntavius Johnson is most likely going be dropped by Auburn because Muschamp likes thinner more athletic DT's an Johnson is a massive 340lbs beastly NT that is athletic but not how Muschamp likes them. An the kid crapped on Bama at his commitment ceremony so that ship sailed.

. Last year at 350lbs Johnson played running back an had a 20yd off tackle run for a TD, just let that marinate for second.

[video=youtube_share;lwp8AnWCObo]http://youtu.be/lwp8AnWCObo[/video]

Last edited:
Works for me. A bigger version of the Refrigerator. But I have to speculate there is more to him getting dropped by Auburn than just his weight.

Advertisement
Works for me. A bigger version of the Refrigerator. But I have to speculate there is more to him getting dropped by Auburn than just his weight.

Here is a highlight from his Jr year. I like the other two UM Plan C kids equally as much.

[video=youtube_share;RW8q0fp_Swk]http://youtu.be/RW8q0fp_Swk[/video]

Last edited:

This is everything thats wrong with Canes fans these days. This is acceptable to you?

Christopher nee just crystal balled kendrick Norton to um, this mean anything???

Advertisement
Back