The U 2

Advertisement
yeah if butch is rehired. otherwise, kids are going to look at this and be like "what happened?"

Some important visitors this weekend will watch The U part 2 with the team i'm hoping. They may say "what happened?" or they may say if we join this class with last years class we have the pieces to play like that again.

Should really help finishing off this class.

Fans would like to think so. The U film series' impact on recruiting is virtually nil.

If UM was 10-3 or 9-4 right now having played in the ACCCG then the film would definitely help recruiting. Now if there is a coaching change even if it is just a few asst coaches, then the film will help alot.

Go Canes

Go Canes

Advertisement
If we would have just won our last 2 games after playing F$U hard as fvck, then yes, this would 100% have a positive impact on recruiting.

But since we **** the bed after the F$U game, it won't have nearly the effect it should.

One thing has nothing to do with the other. After watching Rudy, I neither became a Notre Dame fan nor decided to walk-on at my favorite college.

One thing has nothing to do with the other. After watching Rudy, I neither became a Notre Dame fan nor decided to walk-on at my favorite college.

Rudy was a glamorized story about a walk-on at Notre Dame. The U documentary is documenting the success of the Hurricanes program at arguably their highest talent level and success. Not the same thing.

Advertisement

Were you deciding between their scholarship offer to play football and one elsewhere?

I disagree that it is a huge boost to recruiting, but I am also not one who thinks the bag man comes out for every single recruit. I imagine these kids make their decisions like most 18 year olds and the ability to get excited about going to school somewhere helps with the decision, especially if there is not much else to be excited about with Miami football right now. What I imagine the U pt 2 will highlight and what will always remain true for UM is this: we will always be able to get talent and therefore never more than a few seasons away from being contenders.

Some important visitors this weekend will watch The U part 2 with the team i'm hoping. They may say "what happened?" or they may say if we join this class with last years class we have the pieces to play like that again.

I don't think the team will watch it together. If they watch it, it's on their own time. The school hates these movies.

doesn't the end of the film show the "trending up" state of the program under Golden? If so, we will lose recruits because of it

Advertisement
The U Documentaries are a time machine for fans, old admin and coaches to reminisce about the rise and fall of the program done in first hand narratives. Nothing more, nothing less. If anything considering this is another continuation of our history to be known as great, then violate NCAA rules, suck again and then wait for a phoenix type of resurrection may deliver a different type of message to recruits and their parents. "Maybe Miami just doesn't seem to learn their lessons" is just as realistic in deterring recruits from coming here.

How many recruits went on record and say "man, I wasn't even thinking about Miami, but I saw the U and I was like oooooowwweeeeee. Das it mein, I'm going to Miami."

The primary goal of an elite athlete is to go to the best program that suits his needs. These decisions are based on coaching resumes, recent on field results, development, facilities, playing time and education. If this school is close to home, it's a bonus but it's not necessary. The premier programs recruit nationally.

For you guys to think that all of this will be derailed by a 80 minute documentary is not realistic. Sure it's great to know the history of the program and our claim to inventing swagger, but in the overall scope of things this is irrelevant.

NC State recruitment has not gotten better since the NC State Advance and Survive 30 for 30. SMU did not see a spike in recruiting talent since the Pony Excess 30 for 30. Oklahoma did not close on a couple of 5-star LBs or 5-star RBs because they want to be the next Marcus Dupree or Brian Bosworth. It's a great documentary series but let's not try and overstate the importance of these documentaries to our recruiting efforts. More bigger, important and relevant things matter to a recruit.

If we would have just won our last 2 games after playing F$U hard as fvck, then yes, this would 100% have a positive impact on recruiting.

But since we **** the bed after the F$U game, it won't have nearly the effect it should.

This. It's going to be hard for recruits to take this coaching staff seriously after the final impression they left those last games. The biggest thing that would help recruiting this year would be to whip the **** out of SC. And even then, they're still just another 6-6 team in a consolation bowl.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back