The truth of high school athletes

mikegrinder

Recruit
Bryan Robinson, I'm not surprised by this decommit. It's like I tried to tell you canes fans. We are stacked at wide receiver. And these kids want to play, and they are going to go. Where they see the opportunity of playing time is. He probably will sign with FSU. I think they need all the help they can get. When we look at the kids in South Florida, we have to look at our roster. To determine if these guys are going to stick with their commits. Unless he's a die-hard who wears orange and green in his heart.

Advertisement
Bryan Robinson, I'm not surprised by this decommit. It's like I tried to tell you canes fans. We are stacked at wide receiver. And these kids want to play, and they are going to go. Where they see the opportunity of playing time is. He probably will sign with FSU. I think they need all the help they can get. When we look at the kids in South Florida, we have to look at our roster. To determine if these guys are going to stick with their commits. Unless he's a die-hard who wears orange and green in his heart.

This "stacked depth chart" thing never seems to hurt any other program but ours.

This "stacked depth chart" thing never seems to hurt any other program but ours.

This just isn't true.

Outside of a small handlful of teams, just about every program out there has depth issues at multiple positions. Kids want to play early and that's always going to factor into their decisions.

Are we really stacked?
It has been reported that our WRs can't catch.
We only signed 1 WR in 2019, and he is possibly in line to start this season. We lose our top 2 next season which leaves the true freshman (Payton) and 2 would be Juniors in 2020 (and one or both might jump early) Pope and Hightower. Harley being a Senior and a slot guy.
If that is not an easy a$$ room for Robinson, I can't tell ya what to think.

Advertisement
We're not stacked at all. We only have 8 sholarship WRs on the roster. Most teams carry 10+. And the only two proven ones (Thomas and K.J.) are gone after this season. Plus we only took one WR in the '19 class.

Our depth chart should be very inviting for a top WR prospect.

We're not stacked at all. We only have 8 sholarship WRs on the roster. Most teams carry 10+. And the only two proven ones (Thomas and K.J.) are gone after this season. Plus we only took one WR in the '19 class.

You mean you don’t think our receiver room with 2 proven receivers, one of whom will be graduated this time next year, is terrifying these kids in to dropping us for more successful programs?

Advertisement
This just isn't true.

Outside of a small handlful of teams, just about every program out there has depth issues at multiple positions. Kids want to play early and that's always going to factor into their decisions.

Bull**** man.

Skill positions sure...but Cooper, Ridley, Jeudy...ok...fine....

We lose a top DE in the nation...to a ******* Alabama or Clem$on...where they have no desire to know about? BOUGHT.

Just own it. Its better than pretending it doesn't exist.

And if you still doubt me, tell me next time UM is in the mix for a Mountain Brook, Hoover, Oak Mountain or Trussville OL or DL in Alabama

Who says JT leaves after this year?

Time to make a new excuse as to why we cannot recruit and keep committed top talent.

Manny has done a good job talking so far about expectations. Let's see if he and his staff can back it up on the field and continue the buzz of TNM, but until then, it is just talk. Perhaps if we can do what he has said on the field we should be in a better position. That said, if we are losing a player or players due to our roster and not bags that is discouraging. Especially on this roster where very few positions should be considered locks, but even then, everyone everyday should compete to start and play.

Advertisement
Bull**** man.

Skill positions sure...but Cooper, Ridley, Jeudy...ok...fine....

We lose a top DE in the nation...to a ******* Alabama or Clem$on...where they have no desire to know about? BOUGHT.

Just own it. Its better than pretending it doesn't exist.

And if you still doubt me, tell me next time UM is in the mix for a Mountain Brook, Hoover, Oak Mountain or Trussville OL or DL in Alabama

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. Everyone in the country loses guys to Bama and Clemson. They pick the kids they want right now, not vice versa. The reasons for it are what they are: Bags, unparalleled success, great coaching and a currently unequal pipeline to the first and second round of the NFL. They don't have to point back two decades like we do, they cant look back two months.

Just about everyone else, including us, has to endure the drama that college football has become. We, along with the other 95% of the rest have isssues with depth. We're just another team trying to get our share. The only thing we have in our favor anymore is location, not a winning tradition, coaching stability, big game experience or a proven record of getting guys into the show in the early rounds.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back