The tea leaves in retrospect

Samson Doyo

Junior
As fans maybe we should have been more pessimistic when posters like uknowwhat and Brooklyndee threw in the towel? Those 2 had a look to the inside and walked away early this year. Maybe they were saying there is ZERO good going on inside the Hecht and we were hanging on for dear life. Maybe the frustration has been heard and the response ws shrug of the shoulders? I hope not, but something stinks to high **** when it comes to our program. I don’t know, but I tend to believe the HC job at Miami is one where you can compete with the big boys. Not just compete, but win. Hiring some jerkoff retiree so he can hire his kid and some guy in his church group at 2 essential positions is foolish. As a fan and an eternal optimist I think we can make a sustained run with the right coach and staff. I have said in other threads Richt needs to do the right thing and resign. He doesn’t have the brain or energy to do the job. I really hope we find the right guy and staff.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Understandable sentiments.

I was a believer in Richt, thinking that all he needed was the right staff and the talent would come. I also dearly believed he wanted another shot at Nick.

He was five yards away from beating Bama and facing ND for the Natty back in the 2012 SEC Championship. What I and others failed to ask was why was he not there more often.

And. Why didn’t he beat Saban that night? What happened that night was probably a clue to Richt’s entire tenure at UGA. So close, but never NC material.

Butch probably would have been a better choice, even from a caretaker standpoint, all along.

However, I suspect that if the Board doesn’t clean house at the Hecht, this thing will happen again. Blake and his minions must go. Ultimately, this isn’t about Richt; it’s about an Athletic Department that accepts mediocrity as the standard.

Mediocrity is not what Howard and Jimmy taught us.

Advertisement
Uknowhat leaving had nothing to do with anything going on at the Hecht. It was the incessant board negativity. Some on here just like to pile on and keep piling on when things aren't going well.

Dee along with anyone else that tried to bring info left because every time they tried to give us info there was the same group calling them names saying their info was BS etc.Id of left too.The BS they endured for trying to give us insight into the program was entirely unnecessary.

Those guys are truly missed on the board cause times like this that it would be nice to know what’s going on inside the football offices.

As fans maybe we should have been more pessimistic when posters like uknowwhat and Brooklyndee threw in the towel? Those 2 had a look to the inside and walked away early this year. Maybe they were saying there is ZERO good going on inside the Hecht and we were hanging on for dear life. Maybe the frustration has been heard and the response ws shrug of the shoulders? I hope not, but something stinks to high **** when it comes to our program. I don’t know, but I tend to believe the HC job at Miami is one where you can compete with the big boys. Not just compete, but win. Hiring some jerkoff retiree so he can hire his kid and some guy in his church group at 2 essential positions is foolish. As a fan and an eternal optimist I think we can make a sustained run with the right coach and staff. I have said in other threads Richt needs to do the right thing and resign. He doesn’t have the brain or energy to do the job. I really hope we find the right guy and staff.

Go Canes!
No matter how much I despise Mork or who ever just don't walk away

Advertisement
Uknowhat leaving had nothing to do with anything going on at the Hecht. It was the incessant board negativity. Some on here just like to pile on and keep piling on when things aren't going well.
what is there to be positive about?

what is there to be positive about?

Nothing at the moment except hope changes will happen. It’s the constant self flagellation and droning on and on. No one saying we can’t have discussions about the state of the program, but some just like to dwell in the negative and it gets tiring. It’s just the opposite of sunshine pumping. People get tired of that too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back