The State of Miami Athletics

Advertisement
Thought this was pretty cool.

Now just imagine what we’re capable of without both hands tied behind our back.

Edit: wrong board sorry, can someone move?

i-fear-all-we-have-done-is-to-awaken-a-sleeping-giant.jpg

Advertisement
In 2001, we had:

Football: Final Ranking: #1. National Championship & the greatest CFB team ever; and
Baseball: Final Ranking: #1. Jim Morris won his second College World Series in 3 years and the program was rolling; and
Basketball: Went 24-8 (second in the Big East) with John Salmons and James Jones (both NBA players). Ranked 21st in the final AP poll.

Now that's strong...and the way it used to be in the 80s & early 90s for Football & Baseball. We're building some good momentum now. Go Canes!

Advertisement
In 2001, we had:

Football: Final Ranking: #1. National Championship & the greatest CFB team ever; and
Baseball: Final Ranking: #1. Jim Morris won his second College World Series in 3 years and the program was rolling; and
Basketball: Went 24-8 (second in the Big East) with John Salmons and James Jones (both NBA players). Ranked 21st in the final AP poll.

Now that's strong...and the way it used to be in the 80s & early 90s for Football & Baseball. We're building some good momentum now. Go Canes!
How did our beloved Canes fall so far from those days?

In HC Super Mario Cristobigbals we trust.

Advertisement
I completely get what you are saying, but at the same time I don't want this to turn into the chumps in the SEC that simply chant SEC, SEC, SEC, even if their SEC team is hot garbage.
We’ve got a few SEC gobblers on here but for the most part, we shouldn’t have to deal with that. I also don’t want to give Notre Lame too much credit.

No.

It’s much harder to win a National championship in BBall when you’re not a traditional powerhouse.

I think Baseball & Football have the best chances to make it to a Natty in the next 5-8 years.
Can they jumpstart BBall by "getting" a nig name coach?

Who is the Mario Cristobal of BBall (I dont follow it at all)?

Can they jumpstart BBall by "getting" a *** name coach?

Who is the Mario Cristobal of BBall (I dont follow it at all)?
Coach L is an incredible coach. He took George Mason to the Final Four for crying out loud. You've seriously got to be one of the best coaches of all time to be able to do that. All he needs is the support on the NILs from Ruiz & others and to pull in a few absolute stud Top 100 players (ranked inside the Top 30 not just say one player ranked 50-100) in back-to-back years and we could see a run at a Natty in 3-4 years.

This past season was an incredibly fun ride (making it to the Elite 8 with some buzzer beating wins along the way etc). You're missing out, Empirical Cane. Coach L is a great motivator, delivers fantastic speeches & knows how to celebrate big time victories. His teams are fun to watch & almost all games in the ACC are extremely close & decided by the final few shots. He's a heck of a coach & a great personality. You should check out Canes BBall.

Advertisement
Coach L is an incredible coach. He took George Mason to the Final Four for crying out loud. You've seriously got to be one of the best coaches of all time to be able to do that. All he needs is the support on the NILs from Ruiz & others and to pull in a few absolute stud Top 100 players (ranked inside the Top 30 not just say one player ranked 50-100) in back-to-back years and we could see a run at a Natty in 3-4 years.

This past season was an incredibly fun ride (making it to the Elite 8 with some buzzer beating wins along the way etc). You're missing out, Empirical Cane. Coach L is a great motivator, delivers fantastic speeches & knows how to celebrate big time victories. His teams are fun to watch & almost all games in the ACC are extremely close & decided by the final few shots. He's a heck of a coach & a great personality. You should check out Canes BBall.
He has done a tremendous job adjusting both offense and defense to the personnel we had.

The starting five that played at the end was championship caliber. We ran out of gas because we didn't have the depth like Kansas had.

Advertisement
Back