The scary part is diaz is a terrible recruiter also

Advertisement
The title says Manny’s a terrible recruiter but the OP says he’s like his father.

Please fix one or the other. We’re gonna have a lot of Manny hate here and we need to be able to follow along and participate with ease in all the areas that he sucks. Oh... and don’t forget -

41F1A25F-FCFC-466D-BE05-9C65AB13982A.gif

yeah, this is a reach ... he got two hot coordinators to come here, the second looks as if he's going to stick ... he convinced roche and king, two top of the market portal players ... he's only been the head man for two years ... linebacker needs help, but we're improving their, just as not fast enough, same can be said for db ... i think he has to address the defense just as he did the offense, which will be tougher since that is suppose to be his wheelhouse

Advertisement
yeah, this is a reach ... he got two hot coordinators to come here, the second looks as if he's going to stick ... he convinced roche and king, two top of the market portal players ... he's only been the head man for two years ... linebacker needs help, but we're improving their, just as not fast enough, same can be said for db ... i think he has to address the defense just as he did the offense, which will be tougher since that is suppose to be his wheelhouse
This is the true reality. Manny addressed the elephant in the room at the time he took the job - the offense. His defense was serviceable. Now that the offense is improved, he must address his defense that has regressed or his tenure will be short lived.

Manny for his career has been a below average recruiter. It's why I cringe when I hear people try to make the Dabo comparisons to Manny. People forget that as an assistant coach Dabo was Clemson's ace recruiter not the case with Manny. Now Manny happens to be doing good this year so hopefully he stays on this trend.

Manny for his career has been a below average recruiter. It's why I cringe when I hear people try to make the Dabo comparisons to Manny. People forget that as an assistant coach Dabo was Clemson's ace recruiter not the case with Manny. Now Manny happens to be doing good this year so hopefully he stays on this trend.
good point on dabo as a recruiter ... i wouldn't say manny sucks tho, he may have found his niche in the portal plus he has two five stars as we speak ... i'm not an apologist, however despite how hard it was to watch, saturday was one catastrophic loss in an otherwise great coaching job, i mean we were sub .500 last year

Advertisement
Manny is doing good this year but prior to that he's been below average. Look at our Lb situation and then compare that to what Todd Hartley was able to do at tight end with hardly any tight end coaching background. I just hope whatever Manny is doing this year in recruiting he can continue

Manny is doing good this year but prior to that he's been below average. Look at our Lb situation and then compare that to what Todd Hartley was able to do at tight end with hardly any tight end coaching background. I just hope whatever Manny is doing this year in recruiting he can continue

we could recruit tight ends if we had Covid as our TE coach

Yes and we should be able to recruit Lb's if we had Covid as our LB coach. Our track record at Lb is just as good as Te

Nah!! I'm far from being a Manny fan...

BUT there is no denying that he's been bringing in above average nationally, top 1 or 2 portal and consistent top 3 ACC recruiting classes.

I'll criticize him for what he actually does poorly which starts with his poor game preparation, poor overall coaching and poor player development etc etc. ...but give him credit where credit is due

Last edited:
Advertisement
We had a chance to knock it out the park mark richt gave us the oppurtunity and we blew it hiring diaz after richt stepped down just like what his pop did to the orange bowl diaz is doing to this program, its sad sad day.....

If you think about it, we never really had an opportunity to knock it out of the park because (a) Blake James is the AD and/or (b) the BOTs and ADMIN have no interest in allowing someone to run athletics properly. You have two forces preventing us from having success.

As stated numerous times, nothing is likely to change until we bring in a competent AD with passion and autonomy.

Advertisement
We had a chance to knock it out the park mark richt gave us the oppurtunity and we blew it hiring diaz after richt stepped down just like what his pop did to the orange bowl diaz is doing to this program, its sad sad day.....
Going 6-7 last year and we still have a top 15 class , and snagging some of the top transfer portal players , actually manny is a great recruiter , he is a politician that’s his specialty but developing the talent might be his down fall, we will find out and 2-3 years

Go fvck yourself! Manure has been in charge of line backers for 5 years, not 2 @$$hole! This is his defense and his hand picked players, what does he need genius, another 5 ******* years? Smh

We have a chance to play the gators in the orange bowl. IT'S ALL GOOD 8-2. Hope all players stay for this one

Advertisement
Back