The rumors of Willie's demise may have been slightly exaggerated

Advertisement
I will guarantee an FSU victory over Miami (Fla.). I have never offered that before.
Miami needs to improve or we will get run out of the stadium. I can also see FSU's much maligned OL all of a sudden playing perfectly against us. How many times have we seen it over the years? Every single time we see a weakness in a team, it suddenly turns into a strength. It simply never fails. So and so team is last in the country at passing the ball... 3rd string QB comes in and lights us up. Team allows 7 sacks a game... we get 1 QB pressure. Team is last in the ACC at stopping the run... we run for 15 yards on 30 carries.

We are not beating FSU. Just accept it. Willie isn’t that good, but he’s not Miami bad, either.

"I'm just a realist."

images.jpg

Advertisement
Some of the people on this board have been so traumatized by bad Miami football over the years that anytime a team shows slight improvement or has a pulse we're suddenly doomed. Willie Taggart pulling out 8 to 9 wins this year is a great scenario for us and the program. He's FSU's Al Golden, the longer he's there the better it us for us.

As to their win tonight, they beat up on an absolutely terrible NC State team that got blasted by an equally terrible WVU team just a few weeks ago. I saw this same story with Golden and Shannon over and over. We'd have some terrible losses/performances, beat up on some bad teams, and all of a sudden there was "positive momentum." Blowing a massive home lead to Boise, getting taken to OT by Louisiana Monroe, and needing a last-second push to beat a bad Lousiville team aren't hallmarks of an improving team. Our game with them is going to be tough regardless, but they're not even the third-best team left on our schedule.

The slurpers are already trying to spin a loss into a quality loss. If we somehow find a way to lose to FSU that will really mean we fvcked up with the coaching search.
At this point, is it too much to ask to see some improvement at least ? The ****** Tech game will answer a lot of questions about the future of this team and the current head corch.

Advertisement
At this point, is it too much to ask to see some improvement at least ? The ****** Tech game will answer a lot of questions about the future of this team and the current head corch.
Vtech is awful. The game shouldn’t be within 3 scores with UM at home. If it’s a close game, there’s no way in **** we’re beating UVA 6 days later. Perkins has figured out how to throw more than 10 yards. We couldn’t beat him before that. FSU is still over a month away. Too much can happen in between to crown FSU beating UM. All they’ve done is beat Louisville and NC State. Both of those teams are in full rebuild mode. I’m not so sure Louisville or NC State beats CMU.

Advertisement
The ignore feature is a **** of a drug.

I’ve literally never used it. I might try it. I’ve never blocked a person on social media either.

Then again some people make excellent points in one thread and mind blowing ones in the next thread

Advertisement
I’ve literally never used it. I might try it. I’ve never blocked a person on social media either.

Then again some people make excellent points in one thread and mind blowing ones in the next thread

I just started this season. Everyone makes a “porst” from time to time. I only use it for super negative stuff that doesn’t add value and it usually off topic.

IMO this is quite simple. Our Canes can beat everyone on their schedule. And are capable of having a few "17, vs ND & VT type games". Unfortunately, it is also possible that they get beat by any of the teams we are playing. We as fans just need to buckle up and prepare for some nail biters. The 17 team was not steamrolling anyone. They just found ways to win. I will accept ugly, 1 point last minute hail Mary victories the rest of the way, if it gets us to ACC championship. GO CANES!!!!

Advertisement
Back