Confirmed The Rock Sacked Charlie Ward Straight Into the NBA

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I had forgotten this was him👇

the rock wrestling GIF by WWE

And the crowd turned him into a heel cuz that Cane hate is too real
On August 8, 1997….right before he turned heel, Rocky Miavia faced Faarooq at the Miami Arena for a WWF house show. Rock was announced as being from the University of Miami, and Faarooq from Florida State.

Rocky went over, and the place went nuts. I was there, cheering the otherwise vanilla babyface on.

I was at the game..
What I remember most about that game, other than losing, was a then-rule that holding penalties behind the line of scrimmage were from the spot of the foul. FSU's DL abused Miami's 'Error-ick-son' OL, of course, and there must have been 4 or 5 15-20 yard holding penalities on Miami. Never had seen so many 3rd or 4th and 20-25 plays in one game.

Fortunately the NCAA quickly changed holding rule back to 10 yards from the line of scrimmage.

Advertisement
Advertisement
U sure it wasn’t b/c of The Rock being apart of “The Nation of Domination” led by Semenhole Ron Simmons a.k.a Faarooq a.k.a Faarooq Asaad??
Nah WWF tried pushing him as a baby face from the start and the crowd quickly turned on him. Best thing he ever did was join the nation and fully turn heel. Some of his best work was feuding with Faarooq for leadership of the nation.

Advertisement
Back