The Return

wherrera8

Senior
Banned
For a department who loves hashtags and social media, The Return should be everywhere.

Think about this:

The Kick
Butch
The Program

The U Part 3: The Return

I want a shirt with just that and the U on it.

Then I want mugs, mouse pads, pens, everything

But real talk, The Return needs to be everywhere.

Advertisement
For a department who loves hashtags and social media, The Return should be everywhere.

Think about this:

The Kick
Butch
The Program

Tell it to Billy Corben.

Untitled_zpsfsjdnugl.png

Advertisement

Think about this:

The Kick
Butch
The Program

it should start with dabo holding his halftime speech on our field and end with a 6th NC after we pound both bama and osu's **** in.

Advertisement

Think about this:

The Kick
Butch
The Program

it should start with dabo holding his halftime speech on our field and end with a 6th NC after we pound both bama and osu's **** in.

I actually kind of liked that POS until that move.

The Return is a garbage title. This era doesn't exactly specialize in creative nicknames. Let's see...The Play...The Catch...The Drive, and so forth. We can't think of anything so we'll stick The in front.

Take that back a century or so. Instead of Four Horsemen we could have The Foursome. Galloping Ghost could have been The Runner. Immaculate Reception could have been the original The Catch.

I'm not saying I have anything brilliant for that play. The first thing that came to my mind was "Lateral Damage." That makes the point with an aggressive word, and certainly doesn't leave any room to wonder which play you are referring to. It has a military connection to the more familiar term along those lines, Collateral Damage. Might be some objection along those lines due to what it refers to -- unintentional casualties -- but I don't think it crosses the line.

Regardless, it's disgusting to surrender any threat of creativity and merely slap The in front, or use a ridiculous forced rhyme or alliteration.

You would think our new partner Adidas would jump all over this. I remember when Tiger Woods made that ridiculous Eagle shot where the ball held up the Swoosh for like 4 secs b4 it dropped in....Nike made $10m off that b/c they jumped on that moment. These are the types of things Adidas need to hop on to build their college football branding. Every Cane fan would buy that shirt.

The Return is a garbage title. This era doesn't exactly specialize in creative nicknames. Let's see...The Play...The Catch...The Drive, and so forth. We can't think of anything so we'll stick The in front.

Take that back a century or so. Instead of Four Horsemen we could have The Foursome. Galloping Ghost could have been The Runner. Immaculate Reception could have been the original The Catch.

I'm not saying I have anything brilliant for that play. The first thing that came to my mind was "Lateral Damage." That makes the point with an aggressive word, and certainly doesn't leave any room to wonder which play you are referring to. It has a military connection to the more familiar term along those lines, Collateral Damage. Might be some objection along those lines due to what it refers to -- unintentional casualties -- but I don't think it crosses the line.

Regardless, it's disgusting to surrender any threat of creativity and merely slap The in front, or use a ridiculous forced rhyme or alliteration.

Lateral Damage is pretty good. We should all start using it.

Advertisement

they were trying to insert the U in there for branding.

Seconded

they were trying to insert the U in there for branding.

That is fine but Lateral Damage gives the chance graphics on future shirts with Bama, fsu and OSU dying on the sides. Something like the "we're not worthy" thing in the Glory days with noles and doomers etc trying to climb up to reach us.

Advertisement
The return is symbolic in every way considering the way we won and what it means for this program. The hate has returned from around the country. After all the sh*t we have been through, the blowout loss, Goldens firing, death of a players mom, media backlash. The inticing part of this is it made the media hate Miami once again and the players have embraced the hate and felt what it really was to be a Miami hurricane. Everyone hate Miami but us which is great.

Advertisement
Back