The Return

Advertisement

This will never get old!! Still a little shocked those cheating asss refs didn’t over ride that TD. We were getting hosed left and right that night. We really need to get out of the ACC asap!

The td Duke scored shouldn’t have counted. They were out of timeouts and the clock would have run out either way. Insane game.

This will never get old!! Still a little shocked those cheating asss refs didn’t over ride that TD. We were getting hosed left and right that night. We really need to get out of the ACC asap!

Great play for sure, but I'm hoping we don't need to resort to such measures to beat Duke. Maybe just a couple of flea flickers 😂

Golden was fired the week before. I was convinced that we would never need to resort to such tricks to have to beat Duke again. Flash forward 7 years and we are right back to square 1. I’m really hoping we put a beating on them this weekend the way we have the past couple of seasons and make the rest of this season enjoyable. And if I see any Tobacco Road clowns at the tailgate I’m going to take their head off.

Advertisement
Golden was fired the week before. I was convinced that we would never need to resort to such tricks to have to beat Duke again. Flash forward 7 years and we are right back to square 1. I’m really hoping we put a beating on them this weekend the way we have the past couple of seasons and make the rest of this season enjoyable. And if I see any Tobacco Road clowns at the tailgate I’m going to take their head off.
I remember Willie Cooper intercepting a pass during the Randy years to save us the embarrassment of losing to Duke.

Kudos to Cut. He brought respectability back to their program.

JFC it’s been 7 years?

RIP

What I also remember was the exaggerated outrage from the national media about the play. Every now and then you're reminded of how much the program is hated, bc we weren't even relevant then, had an interim coach, and they were talking about this play everywhere. :poor David Cutcliffe." "Poor Duke."

I recall one even saying we should forfeit the game for the sake of integrity.

Advertisement
What I also remember was the exaggerated outrage from the national media about the play. Every now and then you're reminded of how much the program is hated, bc we weren't even relevant then, had an interim coach, and they were talking about this play everywhere. :poor David Cutcliffe." "Poor Duke."

I recall one even saying we should forfeit the game for the sake of integrity.
And no outrage of numerous missed calls on Duke's previous drive...all of which would have ended the game.

Miami is 4-2 against Duke since that game—losing back-to-back match-ups in 2018 and 2019, yet were gonna complain about a close call the Canes won with an interim head coach and we're gonna blame this current staff for being back to "square one"?

Miami never LEFT square one—a 7-5 program on average for the past 16 years—and those two uncharacteristic beatings on Duke the past two years (as things unraveled for David Cutcliffe) won't be the case under former aTm defensive coordinator Mike Elko.

The Canes should be embarrassed if the Blue Devils play tough, despite Duke having the game in the bag against North Carolina last week, before blowing it late and losing by three?

Advertisement
Miami is 4-2 against Duke since that game—losing back-to-back match-ups in 2018 and 2019, yet were gonna complain about a close call the Canes won with an interim head coach and we're gonna blame this current staff for being back to "square one"?

Miami never LEFT square one—a 7-5 program on average for the past 16 years—and those two uncharacteristic beatings on Duke the past two years (as things unraveled for David Cutcliffe) won't be the case under former aTm defensive coordinator Mike Elko.

The Canes should be embarrassed if the Blue Devils play tough, despite Duke having the game in the bag against North Carolina last week, before blowing it late and losing by three?
1665535558779.gif

Advertisement
Duke wants to be the Stanford of the east. Strong academics, respectable football program. That actually would be good for the Coastal.

Other high academic schools — Vanderbilt, Rice — can’t ever get much traction.

To be honest, I’m kind of embarrassed of this play and always have been.

It’s like looking back at a happy moment of a terrible relationship. Felt good in the moment but a reminder of how sh***y the times were.

Fake storm troopers. Throwing the ball around as the clock hit 0:00 desperately trying to save a game in front of a half filled basketball crowed. Ooof.

I remember Willie Cooper intercepting a pass during the Randy years to save us the embarrassment of losing to Duke.

Kudos to Cut. He brought respectability back to their program.

No it was Daryl Sharpton and their qb was from Hialeah and he was good for them. He played a few years in the league. And they had those two Miami receivers who get 1k yards per year.

Advertisement
Back