The Return of George

Advertisement
Advertisement
I hate the injury because I was so hopeful on what George could do, but I hate this narrative, too.

Chase Smith to WR? WTF, man. To do what? Block? Actually, you know what...

Exactly.

That’s horse****.

And if this is what this VERY well paid staff can come up with….

Start collecting for the banners boys.

Exactly.

That’s horse****.

And if this is what this VERY well paid staff can come up with….

Start collecting for the banners boys.
I don’t think this a staff thought though. Seems like Gaby just made a list as fast as he could.

Advertisement
With how slow young is that’s probably what we don’t need right now
WR isn't all about speed.

Cooper Kupp is the best WR in the NFL and he's no speed demon.

What burns my *** is that these guys don't know how to run routes and they're lazy on the routes. They don't know how to get open.

I watched it all day Saturday in other games. Lazy route running rounding off routes short of the sticks making it easy for the defense. The WR has to get up on the DB and make him turn his hips, then break off your move.

Yes, you can do that with speed, but you don't have to have it. Just don't declare your route early and be crisp when you break. Vary your speed.

Anyone that has played basketball knows how to get open. It doesn't matter how fast you can run. Misdirect or redirect your opponent. James Harden plays and old man game with slow moves dribbling the basketball and leaves defenders with their jock straps on the ground. You don't have go a 100 miles an hour all the time. Look how Harden gets defenders turning their hips. It's the same in football.

Let me do my part and help out the WR room.

Reggie Rembert All-American: "It's IMPORTANT to run GOOD ROUTES to get SEPARATION."

Last edited:
OH NOW? I was telling everyone I was watching the game with we should have trottednhim out there last weekend when no one else was catching anything. Run a set for all 3 TEs and rooster in the slot for all i care. Just get dudes that can make a play out there.
For the life of me, as smart as Gattis is, I just don't understand not getting these tall guys in the game especially in the redzone.

We have 3 TEs and and H-back that the defense can't stop. I expected more TE plays against ATM. I would have wore their *** out with TE plays until they showed they could stop it.

Should have got more touches for Rooster in the passing game. No offense to Parrish, but Rooster would have scored twice on those wheel routes where Parrish dropped one and caught the other for a big gain, but got tackled. Rooster did look a little gimpy which may have factored in his overall touches, but you can see he's a step faster than Parrish.

Advertisement
K Smith is one of the worst route runners on the team. He has lived off of his speed and hasn't worked on the real skill needed to get open which are great routes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back