The remarkable final drive

D

deleted18246

Should never have been necessary. We should never have allowed them to take the lead again after we took it. Manny really needs to work on this.

Advertisement
I assure you they are working on improving Knowles so he doesn't give up 2 easy touchdowns against true freshmen QB's.

We should have never let them score after going up 10-3.

But Jimbo did a pretty good job of rallying his troops and coaching up their Frosh QB to punch way above his weight.
Things happen like that in rivalries. Glad the offense stepped up.

Should never have been necessary. We should never have allowed them to take the lead again after we took it. Manny really needs to work on this.

Not to mention the fumble recovery that should have been a UM touchdown.

Advertisement
Probably needs to stop blitzing two or three linebackers on every down. He made it super easy for Blackman by opening up the middle of the field.

OP stacks ****s

I was really hoping this board would be a place where long time Canes could voice their views without being subjected to abject abuse. Having been a Cane fan since 1960 and a Cane alum, I feel I've reached a point in my life where I should live free of it. Well, I guess I am wrong. Hasn't been the first time.

But I've learned a lesson , or two, in life. If you find you are not welcome somewhere, then don't go there.

The Mods are free to revoke my login credentials.

Advertisement
OP stacks ****s

I was really hoping this board would be a place where long time Canes could voice their views without being subjected to abject abuse. Having been a Cane fan since 1960 and a Cane alum, I feel I've reached a point in my life where I should live free of it. Well, I guess I am wrong. Hasn't been the first time.

But I've learned a lesson , or two, in life. If you find you are not welcome somewhere, then don't go there.

You're a dramatic one aren't you?

OP stacks ****s

OP don't take it personal. you sound like a Champion of Life... LOL

1b58u2.jpg

Advertisement
OP stacks ****s

I agree absolutely agree with U 100% about bloviating one's opinion and all that! Oh, and one more thing. I've already been ACCUSED of trolling and been warned about it. dUh. Yet in this particular forum, I've seen far worst ATTACKS on other Cane posters, simply because they chose to see a ' different ' perspective. hUh. Go figure.

OP stacks ****s

Cane brother, it's called DOUBLE STANDARDS and whatnot. hUh. Because, some Cane posters are given a free past. And other Cane posters are frown upon. dUh. Especially when said posters don't ' go along, to get along, ' and all that.

OP stacks ****s

Relax man.

First of all, not a ton of "long time Canes" in here...if your discussing pre-2001, quite a few, not a ton. If they were around, some might be hard pressed to recall 1991 outside of what they have read or seen on video.

Second, if you are a long time Cane, you know very well how this fan base reacts to certain things, especially daring to critique such a monumental win. Your supposed to talk **** and act as if we just beat Bama by 35 as I was Saturday night. That was as true in the 80s as it is now. LMFAO.

Quite honestly, that's the best thing about Canes fans, it stays the same.

Advertisement
Hard to do when the refs blow a play dead when we have a strip fumble and we're 10 yards down field with the ball. 24-13.

Welcome to football. All that "we never should've allowed" crap happens week in and week out at every level of the game. So it goes.

Miscommunication on that touchdown with Knowles in the game for the injured Redwine. Second-stringer wasn't ready for the big moment and made a mistake. Again, that's football for you.

Florida State—the preseason third-ranked team in the country—could say the same thing. Yes, they lost Francois, but their defense also allowed Miami to march back down the field, to pick up a few big third downs and tossed a game-winning pass that one of their best players in the secondary couldn't defend.

Miami won. It broke a seven-game losing streak. It's 4-0 and on a good track under its first real head coach in decades. It's not making the same boneheaded mistakes it's made for years, nor are the Canes wilting in the spotlight.

Enjoy the ride, or only see the bad in the situation. That's on you.

Maybe, but it took more heart out of the noles. It reminded the old fans of the nightmares of Christmas past and gave the young ones a glimpse of Christmas future. Them thinking they had it and then losing is a biggest thing in our tradition with them. Having to make that last drive and sticking the landing made that game perfect. Reminder me of the '83 game on our way to the first NC. Next year maybe they miss a field goal or we block a two point conversion.

Advertisement
Back