The reason we are not a faster team.....

Al Foil

Coach Pepe MAGA!
Is because Golden has not landed his top choices in the last two recruiting cycles.

The reason Golden has not landed his top choices over the last two recruiting cycles is because of our failure to produce any type of results on the field and our inferior coaching staff.

The last two recruiting cycle failures have nothing to do with the NCAA mess.

We would be a much faster team if we had....

Dalvin Cook
Travis Rudolph
Jordan Scarlett
Alex Collins
Johnnie Dixon
etc.

Advertisement
I don't know ...I think a lot of it has to do with Folden's philosophy and style of play...

After all he is really more of a big 10 type of coach IMO....I think he would be more successful at like an IU or Purdue
then more up...

The SEC and southern schools just is not suited for his style of play...

I believe nutrition wise you can have guys strong, lean, mean, and fast...without the risk of "packing on all the weight"

I don't know ...I think a lot of it has to do with Folden's philosophy and style of play...

After all he is really more of a big 10 type of coach IMO....I think he would be more successful at like an IU or Purdue
then more up...

I believe nutrition wise you can have guys strong, lean, mean, and fast...without the risk of "packing on all the weight"

He would not have any success at any level or any school.

Is because Golden has not landed his top choices in the last two recruiting cycles.

The reason Golden has not landed his top choices over the last two recruiting cycles is because of our failure to produce any type of results on the field and our inferior coaching staff.

The last two recruiting cycle failures have nothing to do with the NCAA mess.

We would be a much faster team if we had....

Dalvin Cook
Travis Rudolph
Jordan Scarlett
Alex Collins
Johnnie Dixon
etc.

PREACH! I WOULD ALSO INCLUDE HIS FASCINATION WITH THE SIZE OF PLAYERS OVER SPEED AS WELL. COMBINE HIS MANY RECRUITING FAILURES WITH HIS CHOICE OF TALLER BIGGER GUYS OVER SMALLER FASTER PLAYMAKERS AND YOU GET A SLOWER TEAM OVERALL. THIS INEVITABLY WILL RESULT IN LESS PLAYS MADE ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL. DEFENSIVE PLAYS THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN MADE FOR SHORT GAINS WILL BE 1ST DOWNS. OFFENSIVELY PLAYS THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN BIG GAINS WILL BE "ALMOST". NO MATTER WHAT ASPECT OF FOOTBALL YOU EXAMINE, GOLDEN ALWAYS COMES UP AS A NEGATIVE.

Advertisement
Just think of all the great Canes who might have never played under Al. Forget what Ray looks like today and remember those skinny peg-legs he had here. No way Al starts him a MLB. Darrin Smith and Jessie Armstead -- fattened or cut. Think about the tall lean DEs of our history, fattened up like Chick and moved to 3-4 DT. Reed was probably slow enough for Al but freelanced way to much to start. Who was that little CB that destroyed NE's option under Howard -- Rodney Bellinger? I think.

I will grant that merely moving to Joe Robbie cow pasture hurt our speed because of the different turf from the razor-cut OB, but Al's selection process and corn-feeding has certainly finished the process.

I Agree

Golden is not a Good Coach at All... He's Pig Headed and too Stubborn to see that he needs to change with the times or he's not getting another Head Coaching Job

Good Coaches adapt to what they're given and make the Best out of a Bad Situation.. But instead Golden wants to impliment his Defense, why? Because he has no idea how to Coach another D..

Was it Golden or No'D that blew the FSU game? Coley called a great game in the 1st half & early 3rd quarter but FSU made the right adjustments to neutralize the Offense.. What adjustments did our Defense make? They went back to playing passively, Bend but Don't
Break and that was the End of Our Season...

I am Baffled why Golden still has a job but hopefully the Administration will have the Balls to Fire him if he doesn't start winning

then more up...

He would not have any success at any level or any school.

then more up...

you both are kinda saying the same thing, the reason those kids didnt come here is because of Goldens style of play

Golden wants a big plodding Big 10 style team to run his inept defensive scheme. The roster is starting to reflect his vision.

Advertisement
Golden wants a big plodding Big 10 style team to run his inept defensive scheme. The roster is starting to reflect his vision.

Hard to argue against Valid's take here.

* Golden has consistently traded speed for size at the wide receiver position.

* Golden has consistently shown a preference for larger framed HS linebackers, avoiding the smaller, faster ones.

* Golden's S&C program seems to show a preference for overall size.

Last edited:

Hard to argue against Valid's take here.

* Golden has consistently traded speed for size at the wide receiver position.

* Golden has consistently shown a preference for larger framed HS linebackers, avoiding the smaller, faster ones.

* Golden's S&C program seems to show a preference for overall size.

Agree 100%. Kill me now.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP I am calling BS on the we are slower because we missed on those players. Look at what AL Golden did in the 2015 class when he basically told the following recruits he begged for UM offers to kiss his *** ; ath Jalen Julius ( Ole Miss), ath JAVARIUS DAVIS ( Auburn), and the worst of all rb Dexter Williams ( ND). Those 3 all are sub 4.5 sec 40 kids ( an those are laser times folks) with Davis running sub 10.4 sec 100 meters which for those that don't know is smoking fast.

So it is not just that AG missed on some players he blatantly turned speed away, that was begging to come to UM.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Generally speaking, the faster the player the less coachable he is. We haven't had much success with the speed we've had here the last 10 years.

OP I am calling BS on the we are slower because we missed on those players. Look at what AL Golden did in the 2015 class when he basically told the following recruits he begged for UM offers to kiss his *** ; ath Jalen Julius ( Ole Miss), ath JAVARIUS DAVIS ( Auburn), and the worst of all rb Dexter Williams ( ND). Those 3 all are sub 4.5 sec 40 kids ( an those are laser times folks) with Davis running sub 10.4 sec 100 meters which for those that don't know is smoking fast.

So it is not just that AG missed on some players he blatantly turned speed away, that was begging to come to UM.

Go Canes
****, this one hurt...

Golden wanted the speed but Jimbo and others took it from him.

All that was left were slower less talented players.

Not saying he would win with the faster guys...but this slow team is not here by choice.

Advertisement
Golden f'ed up on Dexter Williams.....got played by Scarlett.

Golden also thought he had Marcus Lewis.....blew it on Juluis.

Advertisement
Back