The realus

special teams guy and short yardage back. State of Ga recruiter and Designated Driver/Alcoholic purchaser for underclassmen

Advertisement
If we truly do go to a spread dominant offense what happens to the realus?

His name alone warrants his scholarship

But I don’t see much fb if we go spread

He should consider d line his hs clips of him on defense were not bad
If you watch his high school highlights the kid can catch. Might have to lose 20 30 pounds and move to RB.

Advertisement
He could be used even when hes not getting touches. If we put him in the game most competent Defenses will think we going up the gut and give a Coached up QB the chance to read, react and audible. Hes a 3rd,4th and Inches guy all day. He can also be Jalen Hurts Lead Blocker/ Pass Protector

Having a bulldozer in on 3rd and 1 in the spread keeps the D playing closer to the LOS, which should open up 1 on 1s for the TEs/WRs. Can still play a key role.

Dude shouldn't be concerned as he's at most a few years out from retirement. A few more years here and he's smooth sailing into his golden years.

Advertisement
I don't recall seeing Realus on the field much at all this year. Did all the short stuff just go to Choc?

As someone said above, a more modernized offense and even a full spread attack will still have short yardage packages.

Short yardage and power concepts don't go away. Just because Richt signed him to run FB dives doesn't mean a better OC won't have ways on incorporating him.

This. A smart OC will realize what he has and find ways to use him. Just because he is called a "fullback" doesn't necessarily mean we can do nothing with him but hand him the ball in I-formation dives. The only limiting factor for Realus would be a lack of imagination from the OC.

Advertisement
Back