The real question about Richt and recruiting at UM

sniffin94

shoe program *****
Will Richt be able to keep the S florida kids here that have recently left for "greener" pastures without the benefits of boosters and "bag men". I have been told that UGA "played the game" with SEC style recruiting and were very competitive with high profile recruits. I have been told that UM does not "play the game right". Will Richt be able to convince these kids without the backing he had?

Advertisement
I've been told the exact opposite. UGA didn't really play the game, at least not the same game LSU and Alabama were playing.

UGA was a run dominant team in 2014. Richt has said he wants more focus on the QB. Going to
be interesting now that he has a proven QB in Kaaya, and a top prospect in Jack Allison.

Oh god all the infamous "bag men" in the SEC... the salt from some of the posters here is crazy.

Oh god all the infamous "bag men" in the SEC... the salt from some of the posters here is crazy.

This is actually very true....I played high school and college ball in Ga ...was an average talent, however my best friend was a highly rated recruit and Auburn, Alabama , ole Miss, LSU, Florida , Miss St, Arkansas , Tenn were ALL throwing LOADS of money at him . Along with girls and materialistic items. Football is a religion in the south and a lotta "old" plantation money to be thrown around. It's a business.

Advertisement

This is actually very true....I played high school and college ball in Ga ...was an average talent, however my best friend was a highly rated recruit and Auburn, Alabama , ole Miss, LSU, Florida , Miss St, Arkansas , Tenn were ALL throwing LOADS of money at him . Along with girls and materialistic items. Football is a religion in the south and a lotta "old" plantation money to be thrown around. It's a business.
And what is this guys name?

kids left for greener pastures as the HS coaches down here didn't buy into what Golden was doing. those coaches don't want their players going far where their family can't watch them. they want them at Miami and now we have that option

Advertisement
kids left for greener pastures as the HS coaches down here didn't buy into what Golden was doing. those coaches don't want their players going far where their family can't watch them. they want them at Miami and now we have that option

Before Golden, Patrick Peterson's daddy bought the shiny new Lexus the day before he flipped to LS, right. Come on, sure all that is true about Golden, but $$$$ is everywhere. ****, I bet bag made were paying for all that Mario publicity to make sure we hired another loser.

If u truly believe this, then ignorance is bliss. There is a current school with a package deal of players. Georgia made an offer to their "people"..... So did Uif, Bama, ten, old miss, and fsu. The game has changed. Some kids won't get involved in this, but most 4* and 5* kids are getting paid to go to college.

If he wins, yes.

That's why you need to win on the field. Xs and Os at a program that isn't going to buy players is critical.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back