The real 411 live in Dallas

MExtraMon9y

HarlemCane
I’ve been a lifetime canes fan from Harlem NY and last night was the first time I saw my canes live in person and I couldn’t be more dissapponted. Below are my thoughts about how some things played out last night:

Why did we take the ball first after winning the toss when our defense is the backbone of the team. We came out in trips just to run 2 inside zones and an obvious screen play on 3rd down. We should have deferred to the second half because our defense was very hyped up to start the game.

Our offense is still basic! Only differenance is we ran 21 personale and did a few more motions with the WRs but they never motioned all the way across the field.(which is stupid) We didn’t take enough deep shots at all, I had great seats being in a suite and I can tell you this that our WRs are great off the line especially AR82. The LSU DBs were not better than them. WRs were open all game and so was Jordan but Maleik couldn’t get them the ball. Maleik was bad last night and it was out front for everyone to see. I don’t understand how the coaches can say that the young QBs can’t grasp the offense when it seems like we’re doing basic ****.

On the defensive side, our main problem is we rotate to much!!!! We have to be the only team in D1 that allows our second string to play so much. On the big 50 yard TD play, yes Knowles had a bad angle but mike smith is actually the one who ****ed that play up. He took the linemen head on instead of having his outside arm free and that is why the cut back line was so huge. Mike Pickney has great instincts but he just misses too many tackles. Gerald Willis was easily the best player on the field yesterday, I can see him being 1st team all ACC. J Johnson is worth all the hype, he plays with so much heart. Our defense actually held it together for the most part, we just didn’t get any turnovers and gave up a few third downs.

The main reason why we lost the game in my opinion was due to all the **** penalties, it just killed our momentium. And speaking of momentium aside from Jeff Thomas, we didn’t make no big splash plays. There was an even amount of cane fans compared to LSU fans but our crowd never got into it due to the lack of big plays.

Whoever the backup punter is should play. When they warmed up pregame and before the second half started, the guy look wayyyyyyyy better than Feagels. I don’t give a **** if his dad was in the NFL, let the best players play!

Anyways I love my canes and it’s felt great being in Dallas and being surrounded by fellow cane fans. It was genuine love everytine I saw someone wearing our colors. With that being said, I think we’ll learn from this lost and we’ll bounce back. We have to much talent to not have a great year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back