The Question............

You mean like we did and missed out in 2012 lol

You only wait on 3 or 4 kids if that.....other than that whoops sorry for ya. I wouldn't feed into them games and hat tricks at all.

(Was in response to Brock. Quote didn't go thru for some reason)
all im saying is dont fill the roster up with borderline mac players either. We dont need that on the team right now. If it is not their then dont reach for a prospect

I agree with the premise of filling up the roster, but a couple of things, every college team's back end of the roster can be labeled "jags" so no matter what you will have what you call "borderline mac" players on their roster, this goes for all teams. No matter what you miss on a lot of players in recruiting just as much as you hit.

Now what I do find funny is just how do any of you guys, including myself, know that any of these recruits will end up being "jags" or "players"? The assumption is laughable, history shows there are low star guys who end up being studs and there are high star guys who end up being duds. Is the probability of duds higher on lower star guys? Yes. But in the end nooooobody here knows who will and won't, nobody

Advertisement

You only wait on 3 or 4 kids if that.....other than that whoops sorry for ya. I wouldn't feed into them games and hat tricks at all.

all im saying is dont fill the roster up with borderline mac players either. We dont need that on the team right now. If it is not their then dont reach for a prospect
Yeah... I guess if the elites are gonna hold out until their TV spot.. then you have to spare the room to pick them up if the U is their choice... the 3's and 4's will still be available in late January to fill needed roster spots.

Yeah... I guess if the elites are gonna hold out until their TV spot.. then you have to spare the room to pick them up if the U is their choice... the 3's and 4's will still be available in late January to fill needed roster spots.

Golden has played that game before and it wasn't all that successful. Coley is the only one I can remember being an elite talent picking us on Signing Day. Other times we missed by not offering kids we could have had, because we were holding spots on Signing Day for those who didn't come. I think Skai Moore was a casualty of this.

The cloud is long gone now. The only thing I'm worried about, is what will the result be at the end of the season. So far Golden has been a disappointment to me personally. I'm still riding with him, but his rope is getting short IMO. Recruiting though, he's made some great strides. It'd benefit him greatly to have a double digit victory season. For obvious reasons yes, but for the well being of the brand to continue going up, it needs to happen.

I'm sure the S. Florida kids would love to see that happen as well, because I'm sure if UM would get into that double digit victory range on a perennial basis, these kids would love to stay home. SEC ain't pulling nothing out of S. Florida if UM's on field product were to change. Especially with the caliber of kids coming on board, it could change the landscape of college football more than the new playoff could.

The cloud officially ended last year so it directly impacted 2015. In the past when we started recruiting the 2015 players they were frosh and soph in high school and at that time Miami was getting negatively recruited against and a lot of unknowns were present surrounding the program. I agree with you that Golden has to do a better job in a lot of aspects but this seems obvious to me.

You build solid recruiting foundations with players early on in high school and by the time they are juniors...most of them have an idea of where they wanna go or like a top 10 at least. The prob for Miami is a lot of kids were eliminating us when they were younger because of uncertainty and other programs bashing us and saying we were gonna get the death penalty and etc. The 2016 class is still young and when we began recruiting them full board....no uncertainty was present. As a result instead of brushing us to the side...more kids are listening to Golden and the other coaches message about the direction they want to see the program go...this is all IMO but I think it's logical.

With all that being said...winning is the most important thing and damnit Golden better win the fricken Coastal this year at least.

Advertisement
I think Gardner is crazy if he doesn't come knocking at our door again to get back in for 2016. Looking at the potential for that 2016 class is insane. I think if Bruce commits to us on Tuesday, it's going to set off some chain reactions for other kids to come for 2016 and it will have some effect on 2015. Bruce is very well respected by other players.

The elite prospects in the 2015 class will come around very soon. Golden just needs to stop filling up the class with borderline AAC recruits and wait until the big prospects make their decision..... There is about 5-7 players on the commit list that shouldn't be there in the 2015 class especially when this was supposed to be the elite only class... You can't be nice to everyone and take their commitment when they call... Bama doesn't, fsu doesn't, usc doesn't... With that being said I think we will see some situations like allen edouard and that wr from Dillard that committed to um and then we stopped recruiting them..

we did that before and it didn't work.. Some of y'all are so new to this..
Lol if you think waiting on them work.. You don't wait.. you take and then you assign folks elsewhere if you have a better prospect. It's a cruel world might as well get them use to it.

Advertisement
Back