The Question............

DHucks

Popping popcorn.......
What are these 2016 studs seeing that the 2015 studs aren't?

Interested to hear thoughts on this. I expect to see Papa Quarterman, Ariz, Tito, "BleakVern", Cameron, and whoever else has their ears to the ground.

Advertisement

Interested to hear thoughts on this. I expect to see Papa Quarterman, Ariz, Tito, "BleakVern", Cameron, and whoever else has their ears to the ground.

If you noticed we have gotten commitments from recruits who have loved the U from the start since they started playing football..... Shaq quarterman, dionte mullins, mike pickneny, and sam bruce have always been BIG Canes fans....
Golden and the staff message is starting to get across to the south florida prospects...

Does anyone find it funny that ever since luke campbell wrote that erroneous article about miami being banned from in state schools it seems that Miami"s coaching staff has amped up their recruiting efforts by landing 6 commits in the state of florida and from different highschools........hmmmmm sounds like Miami's coaching staff is fighting back the negative entities in south florida thats for sure......

And I'm looking for opinions here. I know hard facts are hard to come by.

Advertisement
Opinion: I don't think this thread ends well.

Every year is different. Different clicks. Different focus. Different influences. Hopefully the 2015 closes strong.

To be honest its the attitudes of the kids. Im not going to name any names from the 2015 class but a few of them are getting a little Hollywood with their attitude and are now playing the game. Some of these are kids that were thought of as Canes locks.

The other thing is they just really don't want to play here because of many different reasons.

To be honest its the attitudes of the kids. Im not going to name any names from the 2015 class but a few of them are getting a little Hollywood with their attitude and are now playing the game. Some of these are kids that were thought of as Canes locks.

The other thing is they just really don't want to play here because of many different reasons.

How many are these kids are S. Florida kids? Shaq and the other linebacker are from Jacksonville right?

As been stated before, it is the kids wanting to play here. Plus, it seems that it only takes 1 or 2 key recruits to really get the ball rolling.

Also, I think the hiring of Ice and Baez was huge, and will help land local kids in the near future. It shows by hiring them that we want the local kids.

Advertisement

How many are these kids are S. Florida kids? Shaq and the other linebacker are from Jacksonville right?

Yeah but I know pickney is from the miami area but I dont know bout I be;ieve he's Shaq is from Tampa or so

This 2016 class by all accounts seems to be shaping up to being one of our best, and making 2015 class an afterthought. What's on these '15 kids minds watching the cream of the '16 jump on board before them?

The kids that I talk about are south Florida kids who are not committed to us and from the 2015 class. I have known a lot of these kids since they were 8-9 years old and have seen a shift in their attitudes but that may not be the reason why they havent committed to us. There is the chance that a kid grows up a fan of a certain school but then as they visit other places they fall in love with those places or some may have people in their ear that are steering them in a certain direction.

Just giving a couple of examples of what is taking place in 2015.

Advertisement
Its a mixture of things, some of it has something to do with these kids being just fans of the Canes like Quarterman. Then it isn't gonna hurt your offensive recruiting if one of the top QBs in the nation commits early. Then there is the fact that the coach of Gulliver is on the staff. You get a couple of things going your way and then it just snowballs into something bigger, all of the sudden studs want to play with studs and there you have it......

Baez. its not a coincidence that **** starting popping off when he got on board.

This 2016 class by all accounts seems to be shaping up to being one of our best, and making 2015 class an afterthought. What's on these '15 kids minds watching the cream of the '16 jump on board before them?

I do not know why the 2015 class is a afterthought. I believe that 6 of the recruits that have given their verbal are in the ESPN 300. That is pretty solid, and I think more will come.

Let's see how the 2015 class comes together before we kind of right it off.

Advertisement

Some kids want to be Canes no matter what.

Some kids want results before anything else.

I do not know why the 2015 class is a afterthought. I believe that 6 of the recruits that have given their verbal are in the ESPN 300. That is pretty solid, and I think more will come.

Let's see how the 2015 class comes together before we kind of right it off.

Not writing it off, but the buzz of '16 is on Supa Hot Fire level right now. '15 is close to done, and the studs we should have ain't on board yet. SBB, Ridley, Jaquan, etc.,

So Token, is this a new breed coming coming through? Your synopsis is intriguing to me. Thanks for your input.

Baez seems to be bringing more heat than Ice as well. I know their roles are different, but since Baez came on, fireworks are everywhere.

It seems the '16s are hearing something or seeing something differently than the '15s. Minus Patch, he gets it like nobody since Randy was balling at Norland.

Some kids want to be Canes no matter what.

Some kids want results before anything else.

The latter are '15s? The '16s willing to make their own results?

I think he is talking about Irvin and johnson IMO. I don't think it will help in our recruiting efforts of them if cronkrite decommits....
I still say we will get them but it won't be as easy as we once thought

Advertisement
Back