The Quarterback Breakdown: Tyler Van Dyke

View as article

Roman Marciante

Sophomore
Premium
Color me impressed. Tyler Van Dyke is a 6'4" 212 pound prototypical gunslinger dynamo who has the athleticism of a three sport star and the quarterbacking refinement to boot. I compiled 18 narrated clips so you could get a feel for his game. I will remind the CanesinSight faithful that after his junior year I gave Van Dyke a Roman Rank of a low 4 star. After his senior year? Stock up!

Immediately upon watching his senior campaign I noticed a back away from center and a much more wide open spread offense. His offensive coordinator had widen splits along the perimeter and in this capacity Van Dyke's arm talent shined. He also showed the athleticism and escapability to extend and make plays. When you consider and take his testing numbers into consideration (Lance Roffers) you definitely have a kid capable of making plays with his arm and feet.

There is also bold claim in this video in terms of his arm strength you will not want to miss. So sit back, grab some popcorn and get to know your incoming QB. Quarterback breakdown series is on the big screen. (unless you are watching it from your phone)

Advertisement
Is he unusually big and robust?

/asking for a friend

@BoxingRobes

tenor.gif

You talkin about a 17 year old here, bruh. Gonna have to abstain from inquiry here.

@Roman Marciante

you’re shocked about these throws from the off hand or momentum making him off balance but any baseball guy with tell you that it’s just a baseball player throwing a football lol.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Great analogy Roman ....👍🏾 I haven’t seen a lot of film on Tyler Van Dyke in the spread offense, but I have seen a lot of film on him under center, and one of the differences between a prostyle quarterback and a spread QB is not only footwork , but making the quicker read, it is a difference when dropping back and making a read as a QB than a quicker read Catching and throwing . And that is awareness in the pocket 👀👍🏾... thank you for making this video , it help my decision on this new quarterback and I hope that “UM “goes to a spread concept and we get rid of Dan Enos style of play , ..we need an experienced OC that runs the spread concepts ......👀👍🏾 again thank you so much this is great work👍🏾🙌🏿

Attachments

• A9A87300-CA75-4568-B180-89C8C946A1B5.jpeg
    A9A87300-CA75-4568-B180-89C8C946A1B5.jpeg
    743.7 KB · Views: 12
Advertisement
Advertisement
That’s very positive looking. Hope he busts his tail this spring. Gets some players together to practice etc.

Curious, what is the sample size? Did you just have access to his positive plays in a highlight video or something larger?

Like to hear a bit of overall game performance. His bonehead tendencies as in how he usually ***** up. Like the old Brock Berlin pick six throwing into the flat which seemed one per game for a bit. What does TVD have to work on.

Be crazy to have an actual turn key 🔑 starter. Maybe that’s why Enos ain’t sweating things.

I Like his talent and film but we will see what he does in practice come spring ball. Not anointing anyone and won’t put unrealistic expectations on the kid in year 1.

Advertisement
Back