The Proper Way to Be a 'Canes Fan

Advertisement
It's not just about rooting for the 'Canes. As a true fan, it's understanding how you despise the other teams and whom to always root against. There are essentially three levels of teams you absolutely hate. This breaks down as follows:

LEVEL 3: Rivals you look forward to beating every year. The game is circled on the calendar when the schedule comes out in the summer. You would never root for them in any game unless winning in some way directly helps UM.

The 'Canes fan Level 3 Team - FSU

LEVEL 2: Teams you hate so much you will root for them to lose every game, and it's acceptable to do so, EVEN IF that their victory on a specific occasion would actually help the 'Canes. And this is because you have no respect for them, their university, or their fans. You take such delight in their misery and suffering, their loss effectively equals the joy you feel with a UM victory.

The 'Canes fan Level 2 Teams - Ohio State and Alabama

LEVEL 1: The hatred and lack of respect for everything their institution and fan base represents is infinite and pathological. Not only do you root for them to lose EVERY game, no matter what the circumstances, but you also hope the team bus drives off a cliff on the way home from the stadium and disintegrates into a burst of flames.

The 'Canes fan Level 1 Teams - The Gators and Notre Dame

Now, for personal reasons, one may add a name or two to each of these levels as one sees fit and as your personal UM fan history may dictate. It's not necessary, but it is permissible. However, every 'Canes fan has these 5 scoundrels exactly where they belong.
Spot on... Except you need to learn how to spell gaytors

Level 1 - fspoo, ND, OSU, lizards
Level 2 - the rest of the SEC
Level 3 - anyone else on our schedule during our season.

Advertisement
Oh don't get me wrong...those Jesus sandal faqquits are nipping at the heels of those Leprechaun liking Douchebags....
We’ll have to differ on this one. For a guy my age, growing up in the 305 area code, nothing comes close to the gaytor flopping arrogant pricks.

Advertisement
For a Guy my age....Those Self righteous Golden Dome Coc*suckers are at the Top....
You didn’t grow up in the 305. You’re 6 years older than me. Canes I know my age, your age and older than you, where I grew up, when I grew up there, considered the gaytor the worst. This is going back to the 70’s. ND wasn’t anything to us until the 80’s. They’re a Johnny Come Lately.

You didn’t grow up in the 305. You’re 6 years older than me. Canes I know my age, your age and older than you, where I grew up, when I grew up there, considered the gaytor the worst. This is going back to the 70’s. ND wasn’t anything to us until the 80’s. They’re a Johnny Come Lately.
I lived in Miami...and grew up in South Fl....My hatred for UF is unparalleled besides ND...

Those gator fans were insufferable in 1984 when the won the SEC.

Great list. I'll never forget when I started dating my wife I took her to the Miami vs Miami(Ohio) game, we were beating their *** 52-0, IIRC, and they kicked a field goal and celebrated like they had just won the national title, she looked at me and said "aww, that's nice that they get some points, look how happy they are" I realized at that exact moment she had a lot to learn about being a Miami fan.

Advertisement
I lived in Miami...and grew up in South Fl....My hatred for UF is unparalleled besides ND...
You’re from Ft Myers and grew up there I thought? You went to elementary, middle and high schools in Dade in the 70’s?

If you did then you know that no one cared about the Dan DeVine Notre Dame teams in the 70’s but we sure as shît hated the post-gaytor flopping gaytor as PE #1

You’re from Ft Myers and grew up there I thought? You went to elementary, middle and high schools in Dade in the 70’s?

If you did then you know that no one cared about the Dan DeVine Notre Dame teams in the 70’s but we sure as shît hated the post-gaytor flopping gaytor as PE #1
Born in NY....moved to Ft Myers in 74....Grandmother and Aunt lived in Kendall for many yrs...I lived in Miami from 84-86....

Born in NY....moved to Ft Myers in 74....Grandmother and Aunt lived in Kendall for many yrs...I lived in Miami from 84-86....
I get that. That was when the ND thing took off in the mid 80’s. Believe me, growing up in Miami in the 70’s and 80’s - before the time you mention, no one cared about ND. We had nothing to do with them. It was all gaytor hate. The gaytor hate pre-dates that time.

The ND hate erupted later for reasons known. I was at Faust’s last game when we annihilated them. It was glorious.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back