The Portal and Data

Advertisement
Looks like the odds should be telling most players not to get into the portal.
You have to think that the odds WOULD be that way. I feel there are very few J. Phillip's types that would be a bonafide starter any where in the country. Most kids in the portal are not leaving because they are great players and just want a change of scenery, or maybe a new coach came in they aren't feeling. I would estimate a high % being kids just not good enough to start on their team, and transferring to smaller schools.

Advertisement
This shows that Manny has been wise in his choices from the Portal

1624669978168.png

This shows that Manny has been wise in his choices from the Portal

I wouldn’t say that. We had a need due to lack of recruiting where it was much more appealing to transfer here. Also, the portal was in its infant stages. Most of the guys we took were either grad transfers or one & dones.

What has happened is that all of these kids have overvalued themselves & thought the portal would give them an opportunity for easy PT vs. earning it. The result have been that the teams that’s recruited well have don’t have a need for portal kids, and those P5 that once upon a time needed portal kids, have now stabilized their rosters where portal kids aren’t as big of a need. Coupled that w/ schools losing hella money due to Covid?? Maybe a scholly on an unknown is not on their agenda.

The results have blindly led them to thinking the grass is greener on the other side & have f’d up their opportunity. I hated the portal idea from the jump. It’s called a commitment. Chit happens when a player may need to transfer due to academics, family. But this transferring b/c the coach yelled or u can’t wait ur turn etc etc. Well, this is the result of it: Portal Purgatory where u not only lost out on a CFB opportunity, but possibly a scholly.

Advertisement
I wouldn’t say that. We had a need due to lack of recruiting where it was much more appealing to transfer here. Also, the portal was in its infant stages. Most of the guys we took were either grad transfers or one & dones.

What has happened is that all of these kids have overvalued themselves & thought the portal would give them an opportunity for easy PT vs. earning it. The result have been that the teams that’s recruited well have don’t have a need for portal kids, and those P5 that once upon a time needed portal kids, have now stabilized their rosters where portal kids aren’t as big of a need. Coupled that w/ schools losing hella money due to Covid?? Maybe a scholly on an unknown is not on their agenda.

The results have blindly led them to thinking the grass is greener on the other side & have f’d up their opportunity. I hated the portal idea from the jump. It’s called a commitment. Chit happens when a player may need to transfer due to academics, family. But this transferring b/c the coach yelled or u can’t wait ur turn etc etc. Well, this is the result of it: Portal Purgatory where u not only lost out on a CFB opportunity, but possibly a scholly.
Manny came in with Richt recruits, his recruits are looking better everyday. His portal addition were wise and filled needs WHEN it was necessary. Your dislike of Manny has blinded you to anything positive he accomplishes.

Manny came in with Richt recruits, his recruits are looking better everyday. His portal addition were wise and filled needs WHEN it was necessary. Your dislike of Manny has blinded you to anything positive he accomplishes.

Lol; yeah, OK. The “when necessary” has been every year. Lol.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back