The Player that needs the most work on the team would be?????

Kai-Leon Herbert
Zion Nelson
Navaughn Donaldson
DJ Ivey
LB's
Amari Carter
Bubba Bolden
WR's
Did you change how you're using 'work' for Bubba? I'd like to see him putting in work on the field for every minute he's not resting. I didn't expect to see him on this list? Figured I'd see Hall before him.

Advertisement
Awareness I agree. How u leave a man your supposed to defend on a punt return?

in the “awareness” department, I’d add Gurvan Hall, who was the DB a couple yards behind the receiver on UNC’s 4th and 17 completion.

Did you change how you're using 'work' for Bubba? I'd like to see him putting in work on the field for every minute he's not resting. I didn't expect to see him on this list? Figured I'd see Hall before him.
I think he's good, but I also saw that he got beat in coverage a multiple times last year that in the short amount of time he did play, that gets overlooked because he's so beloved by the board. Va Tech especially, he was getting worked that game, he came on better as the season progressed before he got hurt, but he's not the perfect player that the board makes him out to be. Needs to improve his tackling too.

Hall was not anywhere near as bad as the board over exaggerates that he was, in terms of coverage he's the best pure cover Safety in the secondary & once he had a full understanding of what his role was he excelled as a Deep centerfielder.

His issues were more communicative than it was lack of ability, people seemed to forget that he was just a Sophomore & last year was his first season getting full time starter reps. In Diaz's Defense the Safeties don't really flash until their 3rd year in the system, because the FS has so much responsibility on the backend it's virtually impossible for a young guy to play above their class in this system with the way we run overly complex Blitzes & Zone rotations. That's why even a pure JAG like Knowles can look halfway decent as a 5th year Senior in this scheme because it's predicated on experience & recognizing things you've seen before. If you haven't played at least 2 years in it, then you haven't seen anything before, thus younger guys struggle.

Hall had great games vs FSU, UVA, Pitt & CMU. People on the board just threw him away in the trash early in the year because they blamed the 4th & 17 vs UNC on him. On this board, one play defines a player, doesn't matter how good they play in every other game, you make one mistake or one missed assignment in a noteworthy game & the fans will never let you grow beyond it.

Hall is a **** good Safety despite the majority opinion on him, he definitely has a lot to work on & improve, but his trajectory is on the same plane as Jaquan's & Redwine their Junior year. He'll be the best Safety without question this season (if we play a season lol).

I think he's good, but I also saw that he got beat in coverage a couple of times last year that gets overlooked because he's so beloved by the board. Va Tech especially, he was getting worked that game, he came on better as the season progressed before he got hurt, but he's not the perfect player that the board makes him out to be. Needs to improve his tackling too.

Hall was not anywhere near as bad as the board over exaggerates that he was, in terms of coverage he's the best pure cover Safety in the secondary & once he had a full understanding of what his role was he excelled as a Deep centerfielder.

His issues were more communicative than it was lack of ability, people seemed to forget that he was just a Soph & last year was his first season getting full time starter reps. In Diaz's Defense the Safeties don't really flash until their 3rd year in the system, because the FS has so much responsibility on the backend it's virtually impossible for a young guy to play above their class in this system with the way we run overly complex Blitzes & Zone rotations. That's why even a pure JAG like Knowles can look halfway decent as a 5th year Senior in this scheme because it's predicated on experience & recognizing things you've seen before. If you haven't played at least 2 years in it, then you haven't seen anything before, thus younger guys struggle.

Hall had great games vs FSU, UVA, Pitt & CMU. People on the board just threw him away in the trash early in the year because they blamed the 4th & 17 vs UNC on him. On this board, one play defines a player, doesn't matter how good they play in every other game, you make one mistake or one missed assignment in a noteworthy game & the fans will never let you grow beyond it.

Hall is a **** good Safety despite the majority opinion on him, he definitely has a lot to work on & improve, but his trajectory is on the same plane as Jaquan's & Redwine their Junior year. He'll be the best Safety without question this season (if we play a season lol).
Bolden got beat one Time vs va tech on a pass in the second half and missed a tackle, but it was a rub route and pass interference on the offense but it wasn’t called. I wouldn’t call that getting “beat” all game. He wasn’t beat in either of the , uva, pitt and FSU games either. In regards to that Without question comment with hall being the best safety next year , idk we will see, bubba bolden is a premium talent his **** self(as is hall). I’m very high on both. I dont Have favorites as I’m a gurvan hall truther on this board all the way back from when we recruited him. He played very well as a sophomore imo. Already ahead of where jaquan and redwine were after their 2nd years. With that being said bubba, hall and especially carter all need to improve on their tackling.

Advertisement
I think he's good, but I also saw that he got beat in coverage a multiple times last year that in the short amount of time he did play, that gets overlooked because he's so beloved by the board. Va Tech especially, he was getting worked that game, he came on better as the season progressed before he got hurt, but he's not the perfect player that the board makes him out to be. Needs to improve his tackling too.

His issues were more communicative than it was lack of ability, people seemed to forget that he was just a Sophomore & last year was his first season getting full time starter reps. In Diaz's Defense the Safeties don't really flash until their 3rd year in the system, because the FS has so much responsibility on the backend it's virtually impossible for a young guy to play above their class in this system with the way we run overly complex Blitzes & Zone rotations. That's why even a pure JAG like Knowles can look halfway decent as a 5th year Senior in this scheme because it's predicated on experience & recognizing things you've seen before. If you haven't played at least 2 years in it, then you haven't seen anything before, thus younger guys struggle.

**** if I don't feel crazy for trying to disagree with you but I felt like Bolden was the better player last year. I know I bag on Hall but it's not just about 4&17, I expected better out of him in the tackling dept. I thought I remembered him taking some bad angles or something on big plays. Didn't he miss a couple in the gaytors game? I'm not willing to go back and watch the VT game tho so I'll take your word for it on Bolden. Either way, if Hall ends up better than Bolden next year that'll be a good thing.

**** if I don't feel crazy for trying to disagree with you but I felt like Bolden was the better player last year. I know I bag on Hall but it's not just about 4&17, I expected better out of him in the tackling dept. I thought I remembered him taking some bad angles or something on big plays. Didn't he miss a couple in the gaytors game? I'm not willing to go back and watch the VT game tho so I'll take your word for it on Bolden. Either way, if Hall ends up better than Bolden next year that'll be a good thing.
Disagreeing is fine, I never claim to be an always right guy, I just share my opinion like everyone else.

And yes Hall took bad angles on tackles vs UF, but again, people seem to forget all the good plays he made because Canes fans only remember highlight moments.

In terms of tackling, every single one of players in the Secondary took bad angles & had bad misses, Bolden included.

Bolden only played in 5 games last year & only had 11 tackles, it's simply not possible for him to have been the better player than Hall, it's just not mathematically possible.

Hall had 66tcks 3PBU's & 1INT, he struggled early on as every young Safety does in Diaz's Defense but once he became more comfortable in his role he shined down the stretch.

Bolden gets the benefit of the doubt of 1) not being from South Fla, 2) being a high ranked player in HS & 3) being a shiny new toy, therefore he's get rewarded as the "best safety" on the board despite he played less than a 100 snaps. His upside gives lots of promise & he could be really good, but the idea that he in one offseason has been crowned by the fans as the best is simply CIS picking favorites & not actually reviewing the games.

I get it, I understand why, but based on what I saw it's not really a real debate between the two.

I was in a compete stupor the VagTech game.

A stunned, incredulous, mouth agape, 1,000 yard stare, getting walked to the gallows stupor which started in the first quarter and pretty much lasted the whole game.

So Bubba? He could have been humping a farm animal in cover-2, and I wouldn’t have noticed.

So many of these unpleasantries last year

Advertisement
Is this some kind of trick question, what player on this team doesn't need work. Seriously every single player needs lots of extra work.

Disagreeing is fine, I never claim to be an always right guy, I just share my opinion like everyone else.

And yes Hall took bad angles on tackles vs UF, but again, people seem to forget all the good plays he made because Canes fans only remember highlight moments.

In terms of tackling, every single one of players in the Secondary took bad angles & had bad misses, Bolden included.

Bolden only played in 5 games last year & only had 11 tackles, it's simply not possible for him to have been the better player than Hall, it's just not mathematically possible.

Hall had 66tcks 3PBU's & 1INT, he struggled early on as every young Safety does in Diaz's Defense but once he became more comfortable in his role he shined down the stretch.

Bolden gets the benefit of the doubt of 1) not being from South Fla, 2) being a high ranked player in HS & 3) being a shiny new toy, therefore he's get rewarded as the "best safety" on the board despite he played less than a 100 snaps. His upside gives lots of promise & he could be really good, but the idea that he in one offseason has been crowned by the fans as the best is simply CIS picking favorites & not actually reviewing the games.

I get it, I understand why, but based on what I saw it's not really a real debate between the two.
lol see I'm one of those guys who follows the ball and notices highlights instead of the overall picture. I see your point tho, I'm harder on Hall because I noticed him more than Bolden. Maybe if this quarantine thing keeps up I'll torture myself with last years games and see if I can find Halls body of work vs the overall disappointment I have for him (and everything else) last year.

I hope Donaldson has been on a hamster wheel through all of this. Guy is eating himself out of an NFL career. And may already have.

Advertisement
Is this some kind of trick question, what player on this team doesn't need work. Seriously every single player needs lots of extra work.
It must not be a trick question bc everyone is answering who they think need the most work. For instance I didn't have a problem with bubba bc bubba was a new man to college football bc e really didn't get any real playing time any where even at USC. But he can still get better but that will take time and get a good feel for how we play ball down here.
Gurvan Hall I had no problem with him at all he might need to get his head in the play book a little but blaming people blaming him for the unc 4th &17 deal is stupid bc if Bandy would have made the tackle like he was supposed to we wouldn't even have been in that spot to begin with. If bandy would've not got caught up on the stop and go and got beat deep for 65 n a touchdown.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back