The past is the past. We aren't good.

It's a Canes life...can we please stop thinking we are a contender for anything and just enjoy being fans...we suck now, have sucked for over 10 years, and will suck for many many more...

It's great to be a cane!

Advertisement
Go back to the tavern. Then when you're there, read about the fall and rise of Alabama and USC.

Unfortunately, it took outstanding/great/elite coaches to wake the sleeping giants. We have that same ability but not with Mark Richt at the helm.

Lilly coaches in the NFL with the Rams.

I think the talk of him wanting a redneck lifestyle was overblown. I think he just decided he'd rather coach in the professional league.

7-5 or 8-4 is the realistic record from the jump.

If they can get to 9-3 with a bowl win that would exceed expectations. 8-4 and a bowl Is the expectation. Everyone is just threw and over with this sh*t. Richt needs some time to build it back but he needs help on the offensive side. A poster mentioned that he misses John Lilly that whole Lilly deal turning down the job was weird. I mean he is a redneck hick and may not like it down here but strange loyalty is big with coaches.

If not Lilly bring in someone to help game plan and work the film room. Same O staff next year means we are in serious trouble.

It's time to just come to terms with reality. We aren't good anymore. We had a good run. 20 years ago. To keep thinking things "are going to change" year after year when they don't.. is just crazy.

Yes if we hold on long enough hoping "this is the year" one year we will be right. Eventually. And wohooo! National champions 2076!

Realize this... we have not been relavent in 15 years! 15 years!!!!!!! Let that sink in.

Appreciate the past. Cause that may be all we have.
It certainly is the case with us old timers. This team is just like it was in the'60's and '70's when I was at UM. Nothing's going to change in the few years I have left. Am losing interest rapidly in this program because of that fact. Just wish I'd lived somewhere were I could have seen a really good Miami team in person.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back