The Package Deal - Myth or reality?

BigCaneAl

Senior
Premium
I remember in the past it was always said that package deals never work out. Kids go where they go and offering one kid for another doesn't work. Is that changing? Is the 7 on 7 network, all these all star camps etc, changing that? Sure seems like kids are more willing to follow other kids these days. Is this something FSU understands and our staff is late on?

Thoughts?

Advertisement
Package deals happen all the time more in basketball recruiting than football. But yes with the rise of 7 on 7 travel teams and street agents it's become AAU part 2 and these kids are getting pimped too schools..

Mostly myth. These kids talk a good game about going to school together but when push comes to shove, MOST of these packages are not created equal. Meaning, one is always better than the other. In the case where both kids are really good, I think they typically end up in different places based on my experience but I could be wrong.

Advertisement
Mostly myth. These kids talk a good game about going to school together but when push comes to shove, MOST of these packages are not created equal. Meaning, one is always better than the other. In the case where both kids are really good, I think they typically end up in different places based on my experience but I could be wrong.

I think it's changing and I think our staff is behind the times. With social media guys from Central can easily stay in touch with guys from Homestead etc that they meet on their 7 on 7 teams.

depressing.

its not a package deal if both players are good. think back to 2012 with keef and his brother thats a package deal

WR Da'Rick Rogers and QB Nash Nance were definitely a package deal to UT. It was a big deal here in Georgia at the time.

Advertisement
Back