The Opening OL vs DL 2017 - DAY3 & FINALS

Advertisement
Those were the best reps I've seen from Dunlap yet. Nesta is a beast and one of my favorite commits. But Dunlap handled him in those three snaps. He seems to have gotten back into shape and used his hands well. Hope we invite him back to Paradise... Vincent's got a great bull rush and is strong as ****. Needs technique but I wish he was more interested in us.

Scaife continues to be a nasty vile dog.

When Sileovera learns something other than a bull rush he's going to be dominant.

Fail-ele looks like a fcking *** bum. Why the fck is this guy getting any hype? He's useless.

I continue to say it was crime that 2018 DT/NT Trevor Trout was not invited. I would've liked to see him and Nesta face comparable competition.

Michael Thompson was good in most reps but he seems to lack that dog in him and also lacks the violent hands he needs being such a long player at DT. The hand technique can be taught and his physical tools are definitely there he is very quick for a player his size.

An although Dennis Briggs Jr. got handled easily once engaged by the olinemen, if Briggs gets a quarter step opening he blows by most of the OL's with the suddenness of lighting. That young man in 2 years is going to be a helluva player.

Go Canes

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
- Nesta is an absolute SAVAGE - no reason he shouldn't be a high 4 star (he did get stoned by Dunlap though)
- DJ Scaife = severely underrated as well - 4 Star for sure.
- Jackson Carman looked ok, but a 5 Star?
- William Barnes got beat bad alot
- Carlos Dunlap looks like a very strong OG

If we can pull Nesta, Thompson, Briggs our DT spot should be good til '21-22.

Nesta and scaife look really good. Both are very underrated
Briggs looked good on day 3 too

Nolan smith is a monster

Xavier Thomas is a monster

Pleasant surprise but dunlap looked really good. Staff might need to double back on him

That Trey hill kid is overrated imo

Salyer is really good and has great arm extension which is great for a lineman

Faalele did not belong out there at all. I can't tell if he's just a big slow ogre or just has no idea what to do and can't react. Engages the rusher way too late with terrible hand placement.

Advertisement
Faalele did not belong out there at all. I can't tell if he's just a big slow ogre or just has no idea what to do and can't react. Engages the rusher way too late with terrible hand placement.

No technique or anything. Looks slow and should NOT be on an island at tackle....

Quick Observations:

Most Impressed with:
OL-Salyer
OL-Dunlap Jr.
OL-Scaife
DL-KJ Henry (been a fan of his for a while now...and I'll be damned if Clemson gets him and Thomas)
DL-X Thomas (gets to the QB at will)
DL-Silvera (top 2 Bull Rush along w/ X Thomas)

Least Impressed:
OL-Barnes
DL-Cox Jr

Disappointed:
OL-Faalele
DL-Chatfield (I've been singing Drew's praises, but between the Miami camp and now this opening, he's been having his lunch handed to him w/ white glove services)

lot of bums at The opening this year.

Nesta is the same as i saw him as a sophomore. A bully.
Scaife is a dog...has great feet and is nasty...kicked out to tackle with ease..and looks to be a big time guard really
Xavier Thomas is in the nfl in 3 years if not injured.
Henry has skill and get off.

i think their are alot of better guys nationwide than some of the kids that made this event. Faaleele or whatever his name is terrible...Gouridge looks like a basketball player trying to box out..

Chatfield just needs more strength...he will be a scheme fit guy..looks to be a 3-4 OLB. I know when the game and the lights are on he does his thing though..

But it was a good watch.

Scaife is a dog...has great feet and is nasty...kicked out to tackle with ease..and looks to be a big time guard really

i think their are alot of better guys nationwide than some of the kids that made this event. Faaleele or whatever his name is terrible...Gouridge looks like a basketball player trying to box out..

Chatfield just needs more strength...he will be a scheme fit guy..looks to be a 3-4 OLB. I know when the game and the lights are on he does his thing though..

But it was a good watch.
Xavier Thomas or Nolan smith a 2019 guy were the best dends at the event imo

Advertisement

But it was a good watch.
Xavier Thomas or Nolan smith a 2019 guy were the best dends at the event imo . It would have been interesting to see what parsons could do at end but apparently Pennsylvania has a policy in place that they can't wear pads right now. Either way they say he was beasting out in 7 on 7 though

Quick Observations:

Most Impressed with:
OL-Salyer
OL-Dunlap Jr.
OL-Scaife
DL-KJ Henry (been a fan of his for a while now...and I'll be damned if Clemson gets him and Thomas)

Least Impressed:
OL-Barnes
DL-Cox Jr

Disappointed:
OL-Faalele
DL-Chatfield (I've been singing Drew's praises, but between the Miami camp and now this opening, he's been having his lunch handed to him w/ white glove services)

I thought the Cox kid looked good at times.

Our guys Silvera and as wife looked real good. Thought that Sandidge looks much less impressive with pads on. And I love that Sewell kid, he's a beast! I'd be cool with getting him. Lol

Sandidge is w.a.f I hope we stop recruiting and go all in on Briggs and the two Missouri boys especially Thompson!

Advertisement
Scaife continues to be a nasty vile dog.

When Sileovera learns something other than a bull rush he's going to be dominant.

Fail-ele looks like a fcking *** bum. Why the fck is this guy getting any hype? He's useless.

He will get 100 offers due to his size alone. He's a project, for sure, but you can't coach 8'6" 560 lbs... or whatever he is.

Really impressed with Briggs. I know these are just 1x1s but he handles himself very well in the trenches despite being undersized.

Also, I keep being more impressed with Thompson than I am with sandidge.

Osu is getting 2 and possibly 3 stud of this group - Vincent, cox and Adams.

Xavier Thomas is a beast.

Quick Observations:

Most Impressed with:
OL-Salyer
OL-Dunlap Jr.
OL-Scaife

Least Impressed:
OL-Barnes
DL-Cox Jr

Disappointed:
OL-Faalele

I thought the Cox kid looked good at times.

Our guys Silvera and as wife looked real good. Thought that Sandidge looks much less impressive with pads on. And I love that Sewell kid, he's a beast! I'd be cool with getting him. Lol

I forgot to put Sandidge in the disappointed line. Cox Jr was cool, but he wasn't great like I've seen before. That's y I had him in my least impressed. But Sandidge gave up a lot when he got stoned.

Advertisement
Back